Hearts of Iron IV - 37th Development Diary - 11th of December 2015

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I assume that the Deck space will increase more by new ship design than by increaseing the deck space on the model you already have.

I assume that 30 a/c is for an early carrier and something like the Essex class will be near 90??

Reactions:
Thanks for the answer.

1) I shall try to put together some suggestions for you - in collaboration with other forum users - in an effort to improve the existing tech tree you have in place. This will mean a minimal number of changes.

2) https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...as-not-british-prime-minister-in-1936.896292/

There are some other names listed here, not just Chamberlain. Please make the 1936 setup as accurate as possible. :)

With regards to historical leaders, they seem to require hand drawn (hand crafted anyway) art. No point putting baldwin to then put chamberlain to then put churchill. Baldwin was inconsequential in the war.

Reactions:
I agree but it looks like that's the starting amount for a tier 1 cv as both the Jap and US CVs have a 30 limit. I don't agree with this but the game isn't world of warships either so I understand. Thanks for the update Johan and podcat!

You're also assuming 1 plane in game = 1 plane IRL. That might get a little hard to model considering the US built something like 200k planes total. Abstracting 1 game plane to 3 or 4 IRL planes probably won't affect the detail of the combat much if at all but could save lots of memory and CPU usage.

Reactions:
With regards to historical leaders, they seem to require hand drawn (hand crafted anyway) art. No point putting baldwin to then put chamberlain to then put churchill. Baldwin was inconsequential in the war.
Let's not go down that route, please...

Reactions:
I assume that the Deck space will increase more by new ship design than by increaseing the deck space on the model you already have.

I assume that 30 a/c is for an early carrier and something like the Essex class will be near 90??

Mind you thats the limit for either a 1922 or a 1936 carrier depending on what one hes looking at I dont think we can tell in the picture so it will probably be going up much higher with mid and late war carriers.

Simple and informative diary!

Reactions:

It should be. They said an fully upgraded piece of equipment is only slightly better than the next level. A level I carrier with all 5 Deckspace upgrades should have only a few (5-10?) airplanes more then a level II one with 0 deckspace. If you upgrade the deckspace on the level II, you have already more as the full level I one.

Wow! That is great! I am really excited! Thanks for all of the extra answers too Podcat!

Also, does anyone know what the evolution of number of aircraft per carrier vs year was? I think 30 is a good place to start at, but didn't carriers get rather large by the end of the war?

Reactions:
Also he says you can assign more aircrafts to a carrier, than it can take (thus reducing efficiency). If you don't take the numbers of aircrafts carriers had irl as 100% efficiency, it might fit later ;)

Please answer:

When carrier aircraft attack whatever, do they then return to the aircraft carrier?
Or do they then have to land at a land airbase?

Reactions: