• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rodmar18

General
8 Badges
Sep 19, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Hello,
I'd need some explanation about what Healing showers debuff exactly.

Healing Showers tells on the 1st screenshot that it dispels 5 effects when the Shrine to the Scarlet Destroyer is visited (it grants Explosive Death and Spit Fire for next battle, and Fire resistance for a few turns). Then it tells that it dispels 3 effects when only Fire resistance is left (in another battle).

Although these units benefit from hero's army abilities (e.g. Urban Concealment) and empire upgrades (e.g. Beast Master) (and there's Chant of Unlife active in first battle), I see nothing related to the fire element to explain that amount of effects that would have been dispelled, should I had cast Healing showers.

Attachments

• aiw3_healingShowers5effects.jpeg
    aiw3_healingShowers5effects.jpeg
    249,7 KB · Views: 19
  • aiw3_healingShowersUnit1.jpeg
    aiw3_healingShowersUnit1.jpeg
    188,3 KB · Views: 19
  • aiw3_healingShowersUnit2.jpeg
    aiw3_healingShowersUnit2.jpeg
    183,6 KB · Views: 19
  • aiw3_healingShowers3effects.jpeg
    aiw3_healingShowers3effects.jpeg
    244,3 KB · Views: 16
Thanks. This should explain indeed why 3 units having visited the Shrine trigger a "Dispel 3 effects", because of the fire protection each one benefit from.
But why the 3 Fire Protection, 3 Fire Spit, and 3 Explosive Death which they collectively had during first battle (if I sum them up) didn't trigger a "Dispel 9 effects" instead of this "Dispel 5 effects"?

Moreover, I would have expected that each "Dispel X effects" stands for the very unit they are displayed about, so that "X" would link to the number of fire-related effects that unit benefits from, quite like Break Control, Steal Enchantment, or Dispel Magic would (although single-target spells).

Last edited: