Having problems with Stellaris after 3.8 "Gemini"? Try this first!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
This appears to be an issue related to the game resolution setting and Direct X 11. People have been reporting that pressing alt+tab or alt+enter on the game will resolve the issue temporarily.

For a more permanent fix: In the launcher, go to Game Settings, and ensure that your resolution is set correctly, and choose borderless fullscreen or windowed mode.

If this doesn't work, updating your video card drivers should resolve your issue.

If none of these options work, you can go to support.paradoxplaza.com and open a ticket with Customer Support to get more in-depth help.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I updated tuesday and have tried to play a few times now but experiencing a bug where the UI at home screen and in game doesnt register the mouse cursor where its supposed to be but about 5 cm to the left of where the cursor is showing. I can navigate via hot key but its pretty much unplayable at the moment and the steps above have not worked.

Exactly what issue are we talking about OP? Can you please specify.

For me i have an issue with Text blinking or changing sizes. Not really noticeable while playing this game. But with game running and me alt tabbing to chrome or edge i have the issue. I figured it was the game possibly causing it as it only happens while game is loaded. I have DPI setting set to 150. Changed dpi setting to default didn't help.. I tried changing dpi settings for the game under properties to no avail. Updated display driver didn't help. Note that i'm using win10 64bit pro and RTX 4080. I also have a custom resolution. Windows had an update a few days ago and i believe this to be the issue.

For me the fix was to not use my custom resolution. Now all is well. I'd rather use my custom res that i've been using for months now. But you know how windows updates can be. 2 steps forward 1 step back as usual. Nvidia will probably fix it instead.

Last edited:
Exactly what issue are we talking about OP? Can you please specify.

For me i have an issue with Text blinking or changing sizes. Not really noticeable while playing this game. But with game running and me alt tabbing to chrome or edge i have the issue. I figured it was the game possibly causing it as it only happens while game is loaded. I have DPI setting set to 150. Changed dpi setting to default didn't help.. I tried changing dpi settings for the game under properties to no avail. Updated display driver didn't help. Note that i'm using win10 64bit pro and RTX 4080. I also have a custom resolution. Windows had an update a few days ago and i believe this to be the issue.

For me the fix was to not use my custom resolution. Now all is well. I'd rather use my custom res that i've been using for months now. But you know how windows updates can be. 2 steps forward 1 step back as usual. Nvidia will probably fix it instead.

The problem is when you launch the game and when the main menu comes up you can't select anything. The same is when selecting resume game from the launcher. Nothing is clickable. All I was doing to fix this was alt-tabbing back to desktop and then clicking or alt-tabbing back into the game. It was a minor annoyance.

I updated tuesday and have tried to play a few times now but experiencing a bug where the UI at home screen and in game doesnt register the mouse cursor where its supposed to be but about 5 cm to the left of where the cursor is showing. I can navigate via hot key but its pretty much unplayable at the moment and the steps above have not worked.
I had that issue on an earlier version. For me, it was resolved by setting UI scale back to 100. (I had tried to make it smaller so i could see more buttons on the screen, but it wouldnt match with the mouse position.