• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These guys are like a rock band that always delivers.

The only games that i have played more than ck2 are Ultima Online and World of Warcraft, definitely i can wait until 2020 for a new DLC.

All Hail Crusader Kings 2 !

Masterpiece ! What else ?

A nice small feature that would make the game better for veteran players is rebalancing the combat tactics. It's mostly an exercise of changing numbers around to make combat more intuitive. Right now it's either about ignoring the combat tactics part of the game or min-maxing the hell out of it, making some very counter intuitive decisions.

This.

Also : only allow the player to control armies when his own charatcer is actually commanding it (not on flank or something). Else the AI takes control. this should not be a mandatory feature. Juste balancing one.

There are still plenty of ideas that could be used for new DLCs.

Last edited:
Is there any chance we might see heresies in the game get some love in the not too distant future, such as some unique features appropriate for them as well as more flavor events and decisions? Currently in game they just seem to serve as only a minor inconvenience that really only turns into a major problem or watered down opportunity in certain situations. Otherwise they don't really offer much to play as one, as they're either a copy of the parent religion with nearly identical features, or they amputate a lot of features from the parent religion without offering much in its place.

Also on a side idea, could there be a means to introduce a system to create pagan heresies with the new holy fury Reformation system, maybe where, with certain conditions, an old Norse character who becomes powerful enough could declare a second Reformation in their own image and doctorines to oppose the original with the ability as a player to name that heresy, and otherwise have the names somewhat randomize to reflect on the new Reformation Heresy? It would probably be a good idea to limit the number of created heresies for each religion as well to maybe only 2 or 3 along with a time gap between each one to prevent exploitation and any wacky ai shenanigans. Maybe even force the heretic reformer to choose 2 or 3 different doctrines so that there isn't heresies that are just rebrandings of the original Reformation.
Just a random idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I have been playing since feb 2012... I wore the demo out then when I finally got my hands on the actual full release I never looked back! I own all DLC and have enjoyed all of them but I must say after 1500 hours... eh I need a fresh CK experience. I need something with core game built for 2020+ CK2 has become dated. I still love it and enjoy it from time to time but I need a fresh CK experience at the core, something more modern. I am hoping sometime over next year I hear paradox has began talks to start working on CK3.

i randomly pop in after an absence since november and turns out its on the 7th anniversary of one of my favorite games of all times. This must be a good omen for rajas to be free this year. it SoI or Republic really should be :)

Ironically enough I ended up buying CK2 after a steam f2p weekend, never ever would have heard of this game or gotten so into this genre of gaming without a lucky find on a saturday of the september 2015 event, pure chance.