• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does the team still work on the patch, any news?
That's a good question. Feels like the team practically disappeared. Which is sad, I know people have their obligations and stuff, but I feel like DH has so much potential for further patches and even expansions. Honestly, I suspect the community would love some expansions and would gladly pay some good money to get more content.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's a good question. Feels like the team practically disappeared. Which is sad, I know people have their obligations and stuff, but I feel like DH has so much potential for further patches and even expansions. Honestly, I suspect the community would love some expansions and would gladly pay some good money to get more content.
So true.

If you are so keen on updates, why not come up with suggestions on what you would like to add to DH?

For me, I've always felt that small battle scenarios like the Russo-Japanese war was a feature that was under-utilised, and in some cases very broken, but a neat feature if you don't feel like starting a new session which will take lots of hours. And maybe the "Victory or Valhalla" button from AoD.

But I'll settle with patches to ensure it runs on future hardware and OS'es, if there's ever need.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If you are so keen on updates, why not come up with suggestions on what you would like to add to DH?
Because who's listening? Feels like its "no one" and that's sad.

Some little things I would like to see:

1. Steam Workshop integration. That would be an excellent boost to the modding community.

2. Infinite User Colors. The game already allows us to RGB to define colors, but we only have limited colors we can add and cannot add more. It should be possible for us to create as many colors as we want, or at least the devs could give use enough so that all tags have colors. And talking about that...

3. More tags. These are always nice to have.

4. Being able to abandon doctrine by event. This, alongside a simple event, could allow the creation of Stellaris-style Repeatable technologies.

5. Bigger/Scrollable tech screen. Essentially, make the tech screen something we can just add things to, scroll, and not run out of space to add new techs into.

6. Espionage revamp. It's easily one of the worst systems in the game.

7. Being able to add new Policy Effects to policy_effects.csv.

Darkest Hour 2 , pleeeease! :)
Same. There's so much that could be deepened and enhanced, I don't even know where to begin. Would be interesting to see a lot more political simulation added to the game, for example.

I think DH2 would be awesome to have, partly because DH is a pretty light game and runs fantastically. It was very well optimized.

Also, imagine if it came with a new map. Maybe something like E3, or E3FN, or something even bigger...

• 2Like
Reactions:
I actually wouldn't even ask for all that much myself. I think a few extra provinces here and there wouldn't hurt, mostly in Eastern Europe. Also, this might be just my opinion, but I liked the Hearts of Iron II distribution of provinces in North America better. I'm not saying that we should go back to that one, but it would nice if the NA provinces conformed to actual state lines at least slightly more than the standard Darkest Hour map. (Weird-looking Utah says hello.)

Panzergruppe above already mentioned extra battlescenarios, and I would enjoy those as well. Since we already have the Russo-Japanese War scenario, why not do a few more pre-WWI scenarios as well? One that I think would work extremely well is the Russo-Turkish War of 1877–78. Speaking of which, maybe add a few extra techs for the 1870–1900 era to entice modders to create scenarios set in said time period of their own, historical or not?

Reactions: