• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your ships were never really in danger so long as you kept them in supply range, but you couldn't really admit to it for the sake of the narrative. Still, a thriving naval industry is one jewel in the Han[n]overian crown. If you get enough POPs for house rules to colonize in the Congo, that'll give you some resources to alleviate the bronze shortage, too.
If you don't have enough supplies, ships will sink even in port. I had it happen to me before, it wasn't really pleasant when the navy you depend on to protect yourself against Britain sinks in port.

And on a side note, I was playing as Austria and formed Grossdeutschland. Guess who was the only German nation who refused to join Germany?

Hanover.

Last edited:
I believe that one of my Stellaris games will be as the New Hanoverian Empire. Germans in space...I mean, how more cool can you get.

Also, Blorgs may be Hanoverian friends but are you really that sure it is a reciprocal relationship?
Cool, I'd read that!:)

Madness is the first step towards enlightenment. And world domination.

So all the mad rulers are actually bringing enlightenment with the world failing to recognise them? Interesting.

The portal does look a bit sci-fi magicky I guess.

Alien space bats are coming for you!

110908spacebat.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_space_bats

If you don't have enough supplies, ships will sink even in port. I had it happen to me before, it wasn't really pleasant when the navy you depend on to protect yourself against Britain sinks in port.

And on a side note, I was playing as Austria and formed Grossdeutschland. Guess who was the only German nation who refused to join Germany?

Hanover.

So, could you decide who has it right, please :D?

It is Hanover's Germany or no German at all, your call.

Cool, I'd read that!:)

I have another idea for a Stellaris AAR, though ;). But that is either very far into the future or not even happening.

Chapter Twelve - 1870

OK, we are in 1870, 1/3 into the game. As I've rather ignored global developments, I will try to remedy that here. I won't be really thorough, though, so if you want to ask about something specific, feel free to do so.

Great Powers

While the top spots remain unchanged, the Japanese Empire, mostly due to their massive industrial base, have climbed among them to claim no.3. Great Hanover is the sixth, followed by the New World GP of choice, Vinland and the usual sick man in form of Aragon. The honorable mentions are no.9 'The Commonwealth' and the Incas taking the tenth spot.

Europe

The at the moment best-known theatre has seen some, mostly not really history-breaking events.

The Dual Monarchy is not experiencing any troubles at all so I doubt we will see a revolution there. I cannot really say how far they have advanced in their 'Fate' tree, they have no modifiers whatsoever and are primarily Anglois with Welsh/Breton accepted. Elisabeth I got crowned Queen, though, so someone more educated might shed some light on the topic.

As I have already said, the PLC is approaching GP status so an unification could come soon. On the other hand, Muscovy has completely failed at defeating Novgorod which still safely resides in Scandinavian sphere.

While the Ottomans failed in their civil war, making it possible for Macedonia to seize the Crown of Greece and become a local minor power, they are slowly reinventing themselves with their annexation of Kurdistan and Iraq and additional advances in Egypt and even Persia. No shot at a GP rank, though.

Etruria has aggressively pursued their revolutionary agenda, annexing Ferrara and Parma, and couping governments in Genoa (into Liguria), the Papal State (into the Roman Republic) and even Venice (into the San Marco's Republic). Parthenopea (i.e. Naples) has also been liberated and the revolutionary alliance of Etruria and Parthenopea is currently defending against Aragon's final desperate attack to secure her withering control over Italy.

Arcadia

Vinland is the big winner here. Together with Plantagenia they partitioned the Seven Republics, which are now reduced to a couple of coastal provinces around Nouvelle Amsterdam. Vinland and Plantagenia are now fighting over the spoils with Vinland being vastly superior in all stats...

Qingqiu is busy not doing anything and Kita Kaigan is a Japanese puppet. That means that we will not probably see an Arcadian Union since Vinland needs Alaska to be able to form it.

Ameriga

Without the Holy Britannian Empire, this place definitely loses all of its questionable relevance. Spain shattered the Gran Colombian Federation, directly seizing the Viceroyalty of Granada and turning the rest of Viceroyalties into locally administered provinces. That obviously resulted in Tawantinsuyu failing to expand.

Amazonie grabbed the most of, well, Amazonia and Lotharingia has turned into a Parliamentary Monarchy. Beornia is still the good old absolutist Puritan Kingdom, peaking at rank 59.

All in all, the local system seems fairly stable so I doubt this place will get dynamic any time soon.

Africa

Aside of the well-known Hanoverian colonies, nothing interesting here. Well, except for the mighty Cape Republic of the Boers! The Boers exploited the opportunity presented by Burgundian commitment in war against Bohemia, seized the Duchy of the Cape and declared the Republic. Since then they have been happily conquering natives on every side. *Boer hype intensifies*

Asia

In Asia, the Dzhungar Khanate collapsed into a bunch of successor states. However, the new Khan is now successfully annexing the newborn statelets with Tannu Tuva to the north being the one to fall pretty soon.

The Sadozais in Afghanistan are fending off the Sikh rebellion while Persia has been shattered by Ottoman advances. I guess we won't see a unified Persia in this game.

The Mughal Empire is still holding onto its positions, but on the other hand, Vijayanagar, Bengal, Travancore and Madurai have turned civilised. Dai Nam did so as well and promptly crushed the 2nd Khmer Empire, expanding into its territory.

Tungning was annexed by Japan and, what is interesting, the Jiansu Republic turned into a monarchy run by the Later Song dynasty - and the Song is doing just fine at the moment, having conquered vast territories previously under Qing administration.

c0684f1845de123a1207b65f408e2c02_songs-rhymes-universal-lede-580x326_featuredImage.jpg

Go, Song, go!

Oceania

Who am I kidding?

709466185-beveridge-reef-autumn-pacific-ocean-fascinating-nature.jpg

---------

And that's all for the first 34 years, folks! Let's see what the next three decades bring to the almighty Hanover! Or Hannover?

Reactions:
Nice to see some Viking power in Arcadia! A strong Commonwealth would threaten Bohemia and advantage you in Germany.