Greeting from the future: Europa 5130

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You do know vassals, colonial nations and trade companies exist right?

Sure but it is still a lot easier to do in the current version than with the incoming changes.

Doable but more tedious, you can even state-unstate the provinces to convert, but do you think it is fun/challenging?

If they put a straight -2% modifier on territories that would be much better, this change is an example of good ideas implementing badly.

I totally agree.

In the grim dark future of the 6th millennium, there is only SALT!!!

July vacations may have impaired our ability to access the saves but the game was still running and now we're back in year 7187!

eu4_map_JAP_7187_12_01_1.png

Spain and Rajputana finally decided they had no need for a buffer state between so they stopped guaranteeing Austria who had to abandon its possessions in Russia.
Vijayanagar seized that opportunity to claim their territory in Manchuria and Eastern Siberia and annexed Korea while it was at it.
Ethopia launched a grand campagin to unite Africa and has made some decent progress, having mostly kicked Portugal out and even took some provinces from mighty Spain.
On the other side of the world, the USA - Paraguay alliance have concluded that if they're so far in future, they must be playing Stellaris and so took the role of the Sleeping Fallen Empire.

True to the legend of katanas being overpowered and making everyone afraid of invading its archipelago, Japan is still fiercely independent, having repulsed a recent assault from Vijayanagar with its serious military advantage:

Armies Quality.PNG

They still had to conced the world's best general title to Portugal who is clearly not to be messed with:

Generals.PNG

On the economic side, the world keeps getting more productive and richer by the century without showing any sign of resource shortage on the horizon.
Japan even manages to have the richest trade region in terms of local riches:

Nodes.PNG

Still signs of overpopulation are starting to show in some provinces of Nippon...

eu4_32.png

Looking at the small guys, you'd be thrilled to know that even if the Mamluks had to concede come possessions in the Mediterranean they are still holding firm in the Pacific.
Maybe filling a bit homesick some time, they decided to breed camels on Wake Island...

Camels.PNG

Back in Europe, Greece managed to become free and claimed Crete as its capital.
Allied with both Spain and Rajputana, they are now planning an offensive to conquer Cyprus which is presently owned by Ethiopia.

eu4_33.png

And finally for those who wondered, of course in the 7th millenia the Habsburgs are still sitting on the throne of Austria!

eu4_34.png

While on paper Mikawa's production income look great.

But it made me cringe when I saw which trade good it was... Couldn't they pick something else like Chinaware or Tea or even Iron to boost instead?

Although that manpower is pretty high :eek:.

It amuses me how well Austria's borders line up with 1066 Byzantium.

Did Austria make Constantinople their capital?
They did!
But it made me cringe when I saw which trade good it was... Couldn't they pick something else like Chinaware or Tea or even Iron to boost instead?
All trade good price modifiers seem to have expired, Grain is back to 2.5 whereas Tea is only 2.0 and Iron 3.0.
But yes, they could have picked the nearby provinces that have Paper, Silk and Dyes.

Also working weird in the future are rebels, for example those guys have been occupying Ryukyu for almost 700 years and demanding independence but their movement doesn't seem to be going anywhere...

eu4_35.png

I woke very early today and couldn't remember which was highest production value good that existed in Japan but yeah a higher value one basically.

100 corruption for Spain only for holding most of Europe and west-Africa.... And you guys still think it is a good idea to give so much corruption?
Spain could simply push up the fight corruption slider and it would slowly go away.
The AI is just not trained to do it.

So u make a massive change, and then u don't even teach the AI about it, so it will mess up even more.

Thats like implementing air combat in civ 5 and not teaching the ai about fighters

This thread is literal proof of game testing. Slightly unusual testing perhaps, but it seems to have picked up a few things!