• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pioniere

Field Marshal
17 Badges
May 29, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
Who is this minister Grigoriev Murnov? He is HOS for Greece in hoi2 and AOD. I cant find anything with real historical substance on this caracter.

hellenic.state.png

Last edited:
Who is this minister Grigoriev Murnov? He is HOS for Greece in hoi2 and AOD. I cant find anything with real historical substance on this caracter.

View attachment 593899
Here's an older post that states that he was Bulgarian and the question asked was why is he the Head of State for Greece/Hellenic State. Also they have him as a minister for Greece in HOI3.

I even searched the Bulgarian Wiki for this guy, nothing.

A quick Google search shows that an officer with that Surname was one of the Bulgarian officers administering the part of Thrace (norteastern Greece) that was under Bulgarian occupation during the war. Couldnt find his first name however and I doubt it was Grigoriev because that sounds more like a family name in Bulgarian. Why Paradox decided to make him Greek minister, let alone a HoS is beyound me xD

After your info I searched Bulgarian officers and found this: her name ?Murnov? Markov Georgi (1886-1966), his was assignments as CO of Army 2 and CO in Thrace. Link: http://forum.boinaslava.net/showthread.php?t=6033&page=9&p=253635#post253635
Thanks for your effort. I cant see if he has been in Greece, but even so he could be added for Bulgaria if he is not there.

Thanks for your effort. I cant see if he has been in Greece, but even so he could be added for Bulgaria if he is not there.

I haven't touched HOI2 and HOI3 for years but I am 100% certain that he was available as a General in Bulgaria with that same portrait. Only going by the name G. Murnov I believe.

Damn, what a screw up on PDX's end.

I found Markov Georgi in the leader file(Markov G.;34098;BUL;1930;1939) and there is no mention of him being a hos in Greece or any thing llike that.

Then we could need to replace him in the Greece minister file as HOS. If anyone has input or a suggestion let me know, please. Possible a general type PA or FA.