• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(20)

Sergeant
Jan 17, 2000
Visit site
Thanks Johann for the new screenshots. Maybe the game is too far along to suggest a change in appearance, but, what the heck, I'll suggest anyway. My preference would be to display the world in sort of a 'relief globe', that would give the players an idea of the predominant terrain in each province. For instance, Switzerland could be portrayed as very mountainous, while the Low Countries would be swampy. In other words, the player would be able to tell something about the geography of the province by its graphical presentation. Currently is just plain white, or gray, etc. Minor point I know, but for me, would be very eye appealing.

But you already can Smasher :). If you choose the default looks you get yellow type colour for deserts, green. In winter btw cold areas get white.

Marcus

Btw personally I was glad that even the rivers are named. If you hover over them it shows the name (Elbe, Donau etc).

Marcus

But,but,but....in the first screenshot (French army moves south), there's nothing but the name of the province on a white background. Do you access another screen to show the predominant geography? In Imp2 mountains, swamps, hills, etc. were all graphically represented on the main screen.

Yes. There are numerous overlays on the map.

Political map.
Showing all the political borders in very nicelly coloured manner. Like those school books.
Diplomatic map.
Shows countries in different colours depending on their attitude towards you. And also allies are shown.
Normal map.
Shows troops, hills, rivers, deserts, snow etc etc.
Trade map.
Shows trade centers

Also maps to show products produced in regions, Colonization etc etc.

Everything is very easy to access imho.

Marcus

'Showing all the political borders in very nicelly coloured manner. Like those school books.'

Perhaps we can ask Johan for a nice, super high res screenshot of the whole ofEurope with its nicely colored, straight from the Atlas political borders :)

Sap