Graphical Mock-Up of Multi-Mission Contracts

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an awesome idea. Ever since the game came out and I booted up the campaign, I've been wanting a kind of 'strategy-level' layer added to the game. While I think it would be a good idea, especially during the 4th Succession War, a more likely outcome for the current game is that HBS will implement contracts linking multiple missions together without most or all of the strategic gameplay you've outlined.

As for working in off-screen battles, I think that the events system could easily be expanded to deal with those. I envision thew player getting an event about enemy contact and being able to choose what tactics the lance will use in the battle or to disengage entirely. I think that the events that play out should also affect other missions - maybe you lose one of your mechs, or gain some nice salvage, or prevent the enemy from getting reinforcements, or maybe enemies in future missions will have the ramshackle ststus effect.

Can someone please move this to the suggestion forum? I dont want this to get lost...
Sorry. This was a discussion thread for a community members concept, not a direct suggestions thread.
And it's also a Necro if there's no discussion.

If I quote the entire thing, then say "Hey, I suggest that the development team does this!" would that qualify as a suggestion?

Also, I'm happy to discuss this idea, since it's absolutely brilliant and implementing something similar truly would make BT a legendary game. Plus it's topical now that FLASHPOINT is on the horizon and apparently includes the architecture needed to make multi-mission campaigns.

If I quote the entire thing, then say "Hey, I suggest that the development team does this!" would that qualify as a suggestion?
Is it your/his thread? Not moving it thus.
No to copy pasting someone elses stuff. That seems spammy. Its been on here and its been available this whole time. You can link in suggestions though for Mojo I guess. It's not your OP, and its less intrusive imho to provide a suggestions link post.

Also, I'm happy to discuss this idea, since it's absolutely brilliant and implementing something similar truly would make BT a legendary game. .
:Shrug: Saying you'd discuss it is not discussion. ;):)
If people are going to necro they're going to need to contribute something relevant. Otherwise its just breaking the necro rules, and bumping too.
Plus it's topical now that...
Let me be the judge of what's topical ;)
You guys just actually discuss rather than bump which is against the rules.

In this vein then, please carry on, constructively.

Last edited:
In the preview stream something was said along the lines of "People wanted multi part missions, I am still thinking those are a terrible idea but now they'll get them". So I guess depending on how the reception for flashpoints turns out reception on HBS part for ideas like this might increase/shut down.

In the preview stream something was said along the lines of "People wanted multi part missions, I am still thinking those are a terrible idea but now they'll get them". So I guess depending on how the reception for flashpoints turns out reception on HBS part for ideas like this might increase/shut down.
I thought that was more of a joke they made regarding the "people asking for it" as chained missions may be a difficulty bump for some.

Certainly if people like it and want more then they'll have to show it though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.