• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Malacis

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 14, 2019
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
It seems like granting someone a title will cost them prestige? (4k with duchies).
Is there a quick way to fix it? Maybe even a console command to just give the characters the prestige back

I can confirm that during my current game I have seen people around the byzantine empire with -4k prestige. For sure one emperor I was at war with (playing a Lombard kingdom of Sicily).

Now that I've kept playing with the bug. I think it has something to do with crown authority changing? I have the same prestige cost every time a new emperor gets crowned as stong basilius and my crown authority gets set to medium.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Now that I've kept playing with the bug. I think it has something to do with crown authority changing? I have the same prestige cost every time a new emperor gets crowned as stong basilius and my crown authority gets set to medium.
That explains a lot. There's just an if statement in crown authority that needs another argument. I'll get it fixed with the other stuff I'm working on currently.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Gender succession laws and rights of women are also causing huge prestige losses for me whenever I gain titles. I get that the people I'm conquering might not like gender equality, but the rest of the reformed Celtic Empire would still surely respect me for my conquests?

To my knowledge it shouldn't do anything on title gain. That effect only happens when the law passes, and it should only be available for your primary title. Regardless though, I'll look into it.