• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And I who thought I was done by now... :p

I found it here it here:
http://www.briantimms.com/wijnbergen/wnrois.htm, a great site. :)

Couesmes.gif

King of Afrique

There's a bunch of shields I've never heard of.

Birger said:
And I who thought I was done by now... :p

Do these three and you're done...now get to work :D :p

Interesting site....even more interesting CoA's for certain countries.

There's a bunch of shields I've never heard of.

Well you're not alone. :D

Btw. I see there is shiel of Kingodom of Slovenia?!?! That must be wrong. There was no Slovenia until 20th century. I am guessing this is actually Slavonia not Slovenia....people often confuse the two...we've seen it even in this thread. :)

Edit: oh and I forgot, what is that 'SLOV' tag in the game? Slovakia? Pressburg? Nitra?
I think one of these CoA's should be better for that tag...I am thinking the Pressburg one with the goat :D
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3777707&postcount=2

Last edited:
It seems a bit strange that the king of Sweden is pictured with a lion completely identical to the lion on the shield of the king of Norway. What's up with that?

(directed at who it may concern)

1. I thought Sweden had "tre kronor" as shield (three crowns, for the original kingdoms (?) of Götaland, Svealand and Norrland (?)
  2. The norwegian lion doesn't look at all like that :p
  3. Don't you DARE compare Norway to Sweden in such a way (same lion). We're waaay much better than them, you're making us look bad! :D

deallus said:
It seems a bit strange that the king of Sweden is pictured with a lion completely identical to the lion on the shield of the king of Norway. What's up with that?

(directed at who it may concern)

1. I thought Sweden had "tre kronor" as shield (three crowns, for the original kingdoms (?) of Götaland, Svealand and Norrland (?)
  2. The norwegian lion doesn't look at all like that :p
  3. Don't you DARE compare Norway to Sweden in such a way (same lion). We're waaay much better than them, you're making us look bad! :D

Eh, I don't know what you're talking about.... :confused:

Neville06.gif

Sweden - this is the Folkunga arms

Norway03.gif

Norway

And the three crowns symbolizes the three kingdoms Sweden, Norway and Skåne. Not Norrland! :p

Birger are you ever going to get around to doing the requests I made about - i dont know - 6 months ago? :rofl: :rolleyes: :wacko:

Ill repost if you like...

EDIT: Here you go...

me said:
AST tag.
If I remember the Astrakhan CoA you have is the sword and crown yes? Well I prefer this one thats just the sword.
shield_AST.png

CRI tag.
I didnt like the Cresent/Star CoA for Crimea. I cant remember which you included in GUFSM. In case it was the cresent/star here is the one I have.
shield_CRI.png

DAK tag.
I dont -think- this was included in GUFSM. Incase it wasnt...
shield_DAK.png

DEL tag.
This is the closest i could get to the Delaware CoA that i wanted which was a white background/grey paw version of the Huron CoA.
shield_del.png

FEZ tag.
I prefered this one for the Fez CoA. A lot nicer.
shield_fez.png

HAB tag.
I switched to this pretty Kaigon one for Austria becuase when the Netherlands finally gets released I think the GUFSM Austria shield and Netherlands shield look the same.
shield_hab.png

HUR tag.
Cant remember if you kept the old Huron one or not. But here it is in case u didnt.
shield_HUR.png

KNI tag.
I prefer this one to represent the knights. It gives it more distinction I think.
shield_kni.png

KOL tag.
The pretty Cologne CoA Kaigon made for me. *huggles Kaigon* Its historically accurate as well. :D
shield_kol.png

LAT tag.
I fot the LAT CoA you had looked too similar to the KOL Shield you had. So I changed it to this.
shield_LAT.png

PIS tag.
I dont remember where I found this. But I liked the look of it.
shield_pis.png

PRO tag.
I hate the vanilla Provence CoA because its not historically accurate and aint the prettiest thing in the world. I dont like the GUFSM Provence shield either because its the ugliest CoA ever. Someone needs to go back and time and slap the D'Anjou family for that. So I settled for the Vanilla one.
shield_PRO.png

RYA tag.
Not to say I didnt like the GUFSM Rya shield its just Ryazan, Muscovy, Lithuania, Tver, and Suzdal all looked too similar. I went back to the original to define the region a little better. According to the Ryazan Principality website this shield was in use for a good portion of the period so it satisfies historical accuracy as well.
shield_rya.png

SAV tag.
Got this from Kaigon. Dont know if its accurate. However its a little better than the plain Cross that is used for Savoy.
shield_sav.png

TRE tag.
I prefered the original TRE CoA. Sorry.
Shield_TRE.png

USA tag.
I know this one is the modern Emblem of the White House but I didnt really like the "flag" type CoA that came with GUFSM. It didnt fit in with the rest of the Shields which were CoAs and not flags. And i quite like this Emblem.
shield_usa.png

Last edited:
Birger said:
And the three crowns symbolizes the three kingdoms Sweden, Norway and Skåne. Not Norrland! :p
What the...? Where has my historical knowledge on the great wooden areas of the east gone?

When I get elected president of the world, the first task will be to rename the stupid thing "Två kronor".

Did you know that there is a royal tradition in Norway (which is still very in use) that says that the male royals shall keep the sleeves with one button un-buttoned? The tradition says that the sleeves will be fully buttoned when Norway regain Jämtland and Härjedalen :p

angelscotboi said:
Birger are you ever going to get around to doing the requests I made about - i dont know - 6 months ago? :rofl: :rolleyes: :wacko:

Ill repost if you like...

EDIT: Here you go...

I can do some of these, the latin/orthodox ones. :)

shield_hab.bmp

smallshield_hab.bmp

I made this shield some time ago for the Habsburgs/Austria.

Shields vs. Flag COAs

I gotta agree with angelscotboi on this one. Gimmie the Shields for UK and other "modern" nations (and the USA eagle) and my conversion to EGUFSM will be complete! (until I think of other shields I need!!)

Birger said:
I can do some of these, the latin/orthodox ones. :)

shield_hab.bmp

smallshield_hab.bmp

I made this shield some time ago for the Habsburgs/Austria.

Thanx Birger. I love them but...well the EGUFSM download isnt working at all :rofl: :rolleyes:

Birger whats with those shields I requested a while back? Were you saying you almost finished them?!?!
Also the recent requests too?

Are you going to make them? I don't mean to intrude and to pester you but you seem awfully quiet. :)

ForzaA said:
request for an avatar. :)

A dutch flag, spiraling outward from the center (ie, the red white and blue start very small in the center, then get wider as they spiral around- red preferably making up the top of the avatar :) )

with the symbol(not the text and line around it)
logo_heracles7997.gif
centered on it.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had noticed this request :rolleyes:

[not that I don't like the work you're doing, mind you :) ]

Finellach said:
Birger whats with those shields I requested a while back? Were you saying you almost finished them?!?!
Also the recent requests too?

Are you going to make them? I don't mean to intrude and to pester you but you seem awfully quiet. :)

What shields is that? :eek:o
Haven't started working on the recent requests yet...

Birger said:
What shields is that? :eek:o
Haven't started working on the recent requests yet...

Ah nevermind....just make those recent ones please.
You can see them above(Sirmia, Fiume, Herzegovina) plus this one => http://ark.wz.cz/misc/k-ba.jpg

Thats all... :)

Birger said:

Well every time i tried to download the zip and rar versions from ur site (cos for some reason the pic on the front page of the EGUFSM doesnt display for me i ended up with an error message "page not found"...

I eventually found the download location manually by going directly to the http://birgerjarl.languish.org/EGUFSM/ page...

Lambert Simnel said:
At http://www.geocities.com/littlsaint/third_shields.html stephanos has, amoungst others, created paradox style shields for the principality of achaia and the latin emperors of constantinople. Could one of our graphics wizards please create flags & EGUFSM style shields for these two as I want to add to the fantasy fun that AGCEEP has in the Balkans.

Here you go:

Constantinople
shield_constantinople.bmp

smallshield_constantinople.bmp

flag_constantinople.bmp

Achaia
shield_achaia_savoy.bmp

smallshield_achaia_savoy.bmp

flag_achaia_savoy.bmp

Edit:

Bonus, from Iostephanos site... :)
Achaea (Villehardouin)