• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Greetings each and all !

MaximusII and I, Yukala will be here collaborating to complete some Battle Mod projects first envisioned here.

Also my third, now named Risk_Battle_Mod is nearing completion. More on that in other threads here. It will be here as well as we have graciously received Tracid's approval for using this sub-forum for both projects.

Thanks again Tracid !!

In reviewing the main Grand Battle Mod thread I am struck by the similiarity of ideas. Yet, since then the HOI 2 has evolved and we who mod it have proved and disproved the feasibility of many an idea. Summary updates are in order !

We will post a lot more in the coming days with pictures and I will show some things accomplished and more on those similiarities.

All who have helped in the past or showed interested please come by and give some feedback. However, it will take a few days for me to spell out some of the Battle Mod concepts.

Sincerely,

Yukala

By MaximusII in the sticky thread... And you are supreme commander of all forces of your country. Meaning That you can't handle diplomacy, production, reaserch and so on.......... And you will get orders (Events, like in the battle scenarios) like conquer Poland, And so on...

BattleScenario as the idea emerged:

Only controlling the armed forces and theatre necessary to complete the battle scenario objectives.

Additionally, you want to inhibit diplomacy, production, research, economic management.

More like isolating down to playing a military chess game.

So too the AI focus would resolve to same.

There would be a whole lot emphasis on beginning and subsequent OOB.

Diplomacy can be brought down to a crawl easy enough. But the troops need be fed and supply in real-time via the economy is of tremendous import. Yet could still hobble that down and just furnish mass supply and oil at beginning and via event all tied to the OOB.

No money no research, that is simple enough, all techs frozen this way and that. No production of units even easier.

Everything comes to the at-start map, OOB and series of events triggering by time and/or objectives held (read VP)

Well this is all straight forward enough.