Got Industrial Tech stealing nerfed ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Hastemir

The research tech stealing exploit was "fixed" (nerfed) by Patch 1.11.4 per patch note "Bugfix - Fixed research exploit".

The forum thread 1476615 provides tech stealing insight since the patch.

EDIT: cc @BeauNiddle

EDIT 2: I could find no forum discussion on the subject since the patch. Perhaps another forum member is willing to share their experience. Please disregard the strikethrough text as that forum discussion took place before the patch.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I mean what technology do you reckon you would steal from nations like Afghanisthan, when you are playing Soviet? Quite unlikely they would have a more advanced production technology than you.

Only stealing from mutually exclusive branches has been fixed, other sources of tech optimization are still there just as before.

If you find it possible can you elaborate? I've only seen YouTube guides on how to steal from Nepal :) Guess that's exactly what has been patched but if there is any honey left in the pot... :p
Yeah what are "other sources of optimization" :oops:
double tech still works. by stealing a tech while actively researching it, without yet reaching 50% progress, you will get it twice.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
double tech still works. by stealing a tech while actively researching it, without yet reaching 50% progress, you will get it twice.
On top of that, deliberately lagging behind in some irrelevant tech (-2 levels) allows to farm ahead-of-time reductions for main ones. Useful for use against UK's Radars and USSR's Refinery. Although this grants far less reliable yield than simple 'doubling down' and might require save-scumming.