• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aiwyth

Community Developer
Jan 22, 2020
Hello everyone!

Apologies for the long wait, but we wanted to make sure everything will work fine this time. I can finally announce that Green Cities DLC giveaway is back for all Xbox One players!

Green Cities Xbox One giveaway FAQ

1. Which DLC can I get for free?

With this offer, you can get Cities: Skylines Green Cities DLC for Xbox One.

2. How long is this offer running for?

June 22nd 0:01am UTC - June 27th 23:59pm UTC

3. How can I redeem the DLC on my console?
  • Make sure you’re logged into your Xbox account with Cities: Skylines base game.
  • Go to the Store tab.
  • Search for ‘Green Cities’ or ‘Cities: Skylines - Green Cities’ and go to the add-on page.
  • Click ‘Get’.
You can also claim Green Cities DLC using Microsoft Store website.

4. Are there any extra steps I need to take in order to redeem Green Cities on Xbox One?

Just go to your console store and claim the DLC - simple as that! :) If you would like to be informed about our special offers in the future, you can subscribe to our newsletter here.

How to sign up for Cities newsletter.jpg

5. Do I need to be an Xbox Live Gold member or have Xbox Game Pass to receive the DLC for free or to play it?

No.

6. Do I need to own the base game to play the DLC?

Yes, you need to own Cities: Skylines base game on Xbox One to be able to use the DLC content.

7. I own the game on PC, can I still get the Green Cities DLC?

No, this promotion is available only for Xbox One players.

8. I already bought this DLC, can I get a refund? Or another DLC for free?

No, it's not possible.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hey everyone! We're looking into it at the moment. Please keep in mind that solving such incidents related to console storefronts is never entirely up to us, so it might take more time than fixing something only on Paradox's side. Don't panic tho, we'll try to make the wait as short as possible.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes its free now, thanks. Hope we can keep using it. Heard reports from PS4 users they couldnt use their saves with it anymore as the dlc did not get picked up by the system after the free period