Give gaia worlds (woldshaper) and hydrocentric more late game viability

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mortimus

Private
41 Badges
Oct 23, 2023
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
Increase the number of jobs and housing per district gaia worlds when taking world shaper or having gaia seeder civic and the same for ocean worlds when taking hydrocentric, maybe with some extra steps in between to build up to it and removing access to the arcology ap. It would give some better variety for having ultimate planets rather than just the default between ecu, machine and hive worlds for whichever type of nation you were playing as. Also makes late game options for ocean/gaia related playstyles feel less bad about having to take an extra ascension perk if they want to get the best planets, on top of not getting any of the benefits from their playstyle getting extra benefits from planets.

Ultimately I end up avoiding taking those perks because they don't really feel good late game. It takes 3 planets to even come even close to matching the outputs of an ecumonopolis which also has the best production output modifier on top of extra housing and fully unlocked building slots. You can make the extra city districts that you would normally have to build specialty ones instead. Not to mention stacking bonuses. For other planets it takes 3x the governers, 3x the ascension leveling, 3x times empire size from planets, 3 times the habitable planets. It makes tall play for those empires a lot less viable

I definitely still think ecumonopolis should still be the best in terms of number of jobs and overall output. It fits thematically and practically since it also requires a large investment needing a large up front cost, time and rare resources.

I think the alternatives should be focusing on better planets overall with the drawback of having less good forge/factory/unity worlds.
As it stands, I'd rather just use habitats for making food since they give 3 farmers per district rather than 2 with max districts and take catalytic civic.
With arc furnace it's possible to get max mining too now. Normal planets have gotten bad...
Then I don't have to worry about finding planets with the right districts only to not get the job density of a habitat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0