• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mister Furious

Recruit
Jan 19, 2024
...or else give me a damn refund on this poorly thought out, God awful console port!

Look I've dropped HUNDREDS of bucks on cities skylines 1 and I WAS planning on doing the same for the sequel, but 30 minutes of play time into Stellaris for PS4 and I can't justify ever giving another penny to these Scandinavian nitwits.

So! I've spent the last 2 hours scouring the internet for some kind of magic button presses that will allow me to complete LITERALLY THE GAME'S VERY FIRST MISSION...and NOTHING is out there.

Please, please, for the love of God, please SOMEONE explain to me EXACTLY what kind of voodoo button presses I need to perform in order to "have 1 military ship in orbit" so that I can perform this research.

This honestly speaks so much about Paradox as a company - as if the CS2 fiasco wasn't already enough. If someone can't answer this very simple question, then I am 100% going to need a full refund for this monumental piece of garbage.

So! Community? Paradox employees, perhaps? Can ANYONE out there help me to unwaste the time and money that I seem to have flushed down the toilet on this terribly made cash grab they're calling a game?

• 1Like
Reactions:
...or else give me a damn refund on this poorly thought out, God awful console port!

Look I've dropped HUNDREDS of bucks on cities skylines 1 and I WAS planning on doing the same for the sequel, but 30 minutes of play time into Stellaris for PS4 and I can't justify ever giving another penny to these Scandinavian nitwits.

So! I've spent the last 2 hours scouring the internet for some kind of magic button presses that will allow me to complete LITERALLY THE GAME'S VERY FIRST MISSION...and NOTHING is out there.

Please, please, for the love of God, please SOMEONE explain to me EXACTLY what kind of voodoo button presses I need to perform in order to "have 1 military ship in orbit" so that I can perform this research.

This honestly speaks so much about Paradox as a company - as if the CS2 fiasco wasn't already enough. If someone can't answer this very simple question, then I am 100% going to need a full refund for this monumental piece of garbage.

So! Community? Paradox employees, perhaps? Can ANYONE out there help me to unwaste the time and money that I seem to have flushed down the toilet on this terribly made cash grab they're calling a game?
If I remember correctly you either fly a ship into orbit of the cultist ship, or you train a unit of ground forces and out them into orbit of the cultist ship, then you go into the logs and the option to move the event forward is no longer grayed out.
Not sure about ps4 but I’ve never had a problem with it on xbox one or one x

• 1Like
Reactions:
If I remember correctly you either fly a ship into orbit of the cultist ship, or you train a unit of ground forces and out them into orbit of the cultist ship, then you go into the logs and the option to move the event forward is no longer grayed out.
Not sure about ps4 but I’ve never had a problem with it on xbox one or one x
Yeah man, I appreciate the reply but my fury stems from the fact that I've done literally every single permutation of those things that I could possibly conceive and this sorry ass game just wont allow it to work. You literally can't get a military fleet OR the army transport ship to interact with the cultist ship at all, or find anyway to activate the box.
It really just comes down to unfathomably poor game design, coding and play testing. Paradox is clearly a total joke.

Yeah man, I appreciate the reply but my fury stems from the fact that I've done literally every single permutation of those things that I could possibly conceive and this sorry ass game just wont allow it to work. You literally can't get a military fleet OR the army transport ship to interact with the cultist ship at all, or find anyway to activate the box.
It really just comes down to unfathomably poor game design, coding and play testing. Paradox is clearly a total joke.
Fly the ship right next to it, then you open the situation log, and you can click “research” or whatever.
If it isn’t a fleet ship, its a troop transport. I just don’t remember which
But you will not be able to highlight the ship when selecting it, the only way to start it is from the situation log once the correct ship is in orbit. It definitely works on xbox one and one x, I’ve done it quite a few times.
It could be a new bug on playstation, im not sure. If the above doesn’t work try a new game or reinstall maybe?

Fly the ship right next to it, then you open the situation log, and you can click “research” or whatever.
If it isn’t a fleet ship, its a troop transport. I just don’t remember which
But you will not be able to highlight the ship when selecting it, the only way to start it is from the situation log once the correct ship is in orbit. It definitely works on xbox one and one x, I’ve done it quite a few times.
It could be a new bug on playstation, im not sure. If the above doesn’t work try a new game or reinstall maybe?
A lot of the missions are only triggered through the situation log, science ship ones (and a few construction ship ones) are the exception to the rule