Germany historical run plagued by too much allies.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

marcelo r. r.

Field Marshal
11 Badges
Mar 26, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
Its 9 june, Paris don't even had fallen yet. Italy early join its ugliest stuff.

1697983350361.png

we already have:

1697983403553.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Fall Weserubung:

- Hoi2:
- Prepare for a complicated Norway invasion, u have risk to deal with royal navy(pray for AI don't bug and overpatrol danish belts).
- Gambit to have spare troops to fall gelb.
- Youre alone.

- Hoi4:
- Events will hands Norway/Denmark for you for free. but perhaps the solution for OP Germany will be next DLC gimmick like Balance of Power for Germany.
- Rush everything, declare war on everyone. More earlier better, so u don't have worry about troops or preparation, pick some youtube broken meta and spam/roach. Don't worry next DLC will fix (again) the OP Germany by introduce a new mandatory equipment sink: armoured cars, clothes, horse trucks.
- If everything is bad, don't worry: you have tons of allies, Italy can naval invade norway!

LOL:
1697984384604.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Fall Weserubung:

- Hoi2:
- Prepare for a complicated Norway invasion, u have risk to deal with royal navy(pray for AI don't bug and overpatrol danish belts).
- Gambit to have spare troops to fall gelb.
- Youre alone.

- Hoi4:
- Events will hands Norway/Denmark for you for free. but perhaps the solution for OP Germany will be next DLC gimmick like Balance of Power for Germany.
- Rush everything, declare war on everyone. More earlier better, so u don't have worry about troops or preparation, pick some youtube broken meta and spam/roach. Don't worry next DLC will fix (again) the OP Germany by introduce a new mandatory equipment sink: armoured cars, clothes, horse trucks.
- If everything is bad, don't worry: you have tons of allies, Italy can naval invade norway!

LOL:
View attachment 1033505
Norway having an imaginary civil war in historical does seem a bit weird, and quite immersion breaking. Im not sure why they decided to shoehorn a civil war into it, as Germany should be quite capable of capturing Norway without alt-history civil wars or imaginary "Norwegian Nazi divisions" in 1940.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Norway having an imaginary civil war in historical does seem a bit weird, and quite immersion breaking. Im not sure why they decided to shoehorn a civil war into it, as Germany should be quite capable of capturing Norway without alt histori civil wars or imaginary "Norwegian Nazi divisions" in 1940.
Yeah, its bizarre, Germany is leading some type of "commonwealth of unsatisfied".

I have setup a close historical Apr 10 map, switched to another country to see what AI do, Germany AI stomp everything easily.

The argument in early game days for make Germany AI rushing, is that Germany get stuck in historical scenarios, but when this was true was perhaps 10 yrs ago?

Meanwhile ghosts of Africa circumnavigation is still around everywhere.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Norway having an imaginary civil war in historical does seem a bit weird, and quite immersion breaking. Im not sure why they decided to shoehorn a civil war into it, as Germany should be quite capable of capturing Norway without alt histori civil wars or imaginary "Norwegian Nazi divisions" in 1940.

It is simply to make it bit more convenient for Germany to have an easy landing. Civil war was probably the only way to code that.

Reactions:
It is simply to make it bit more convenient for Germany to have an easy landing. Civil war was probably the only way to code that.
I get the intention. It just seems a bit weird to add a fictional civil war to a historical setting/tree to make it convenient for Germany. Taking AI Norway should not pose too much of a difficulty after all.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I read the title of this thread and said to myself "I'm sure Hitler felt the Allies had too many members, too." :)

But why is Poland a puppet if you are on historical? Did you capitulate them before they joined the Allies?
i did collab it.

Poland is superweak on this version btw, don't have divisions for all provinces...

I was used to see Poland have 2~3 divisions per provinces and even tried push slovakia.

i save files monthly, i will check later how is poland on sep 39.

Convenient for Germany? Norway doesn't have enough divisions to guard all their ports, at least not properly.
Thats what makes adding a fictional civil war to the historical tree/setting so strange. It seems unnescesarry from a gameplay point of view and detached from reality from a historical point of view.

Reactions:
I get the intention. It just seems a bit weird to add a fictional civil war to a historical setting/tree to make it convenient for Germany. Taking AI Norway should not pose too much of a difficulty after all.
AI stalling in Norway happened all the time in HOI4, as soon as UK/dominions start filling in Norway with troops, and everyone sitting out of supply in the mountains.

It's like North Africa, Ethiopia and designers. It should be possible to make them work, but they don't work for years.

AI stalling in Norway happened all the time in HOI4, as soon as UK/dominions start filling in Norway with troops, and everyone sitting out of supply in the mountains.

It's like North Africa, Ethiopia and designers. It should be possible to make them work, but they don't work for years.
Its because allies are convoy raiding agressively at same time Axis AI ins't coded to convoy protect.

allied submarines AI inst obeying the code that make UK ignore baltic sea and surrounds.

I would prefer they fix that, than handle Norway for free.

Reactions:
Seems too late now, though. I highly doubt they're going to roll back the event changes that AAT has made.

Reactions:
Its because allies are convoy raiding agressively at same time Axis AI ins't coded to convoy protect.

allied submarines AI inst obeying the code that make UK ignore baltic sea and surrounds.

I would prefer they fix that, than handle Norway for free.
Everyone would prefer PI fix AI issues, but they don`t have a good record doing it, considering air and armor designers still destroy AI`s chances of winning anything, because they field base level stuff in 1944.

I would also argue AI dumping half of German army into Norway isn`t sololey UK AI issue, or naval AI issue for that matter.

Mussolini just needs that leader trait that makes him reluctant to join other factions to postpone that decision until higher word tension.
Why? Officially Italy and Germany signed the Pact of Steel on 22 May 1939. So joining the Axis that early is historical. Joining the war is another topic though.

• 1Like
Reactions: