• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Klewer

Captain
42 Badges
Feb 23, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Gettysburg
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
The aim of my game in which I will play is Germany will be simply to gain control of Continental Europe, excluding the USSR which if all goes to plan will become the final goal.

The campaign will begin from 1936.

From 1936 until mid 1938 was a period of steady build up and strengthening the army.

In 1938 war was declared on Belgium, Netherlands and Poland and thus the Allies entered the war. Perhaps a big risk at this time but swift victory was possible.
Poland in the East was defeated within the month and was annexed.
Due to the threat in the area Czechoslovakia joined the Allies and joined the fray. By years end they were also defeated and opened up large borders with Hungary and Romania.

Over in the West was slower going due to forces being used in the East.
Belgium was almost captured but counter-attacks from the French pushed us back to pre-war borders. However the tied turned once Poland was defeated and forces could be diverted. Once these forces arrived in January 1939 Netherlands and Belgium were quickly defeated. My attention now turned to the French.

With the French Armies concentrated on there original border with Germany the low countries were lightly defended and Panzer divisions rolled through with relative ease. Once Paris was in sight it became slightly slow going but by May Paris was taken and the French surrendered, forming Vichy France in the south.

Over the next months forces were upgraded and re-enforced.
During this period the USA joined the allies and landed forces on the North-West tip of France. This invasion was quickly culled.

Next I turned my aim to getting rid of any French nation on Continental Europe. They lacked any real defense and by February 40 there was no longer a French state in Europe.

With Central Europe now occupied I am wondering where to turn my focus to next. I am leaning towards Denmark and Sweden instead of Spain due to lesser forces and a smaller front.

Any suggestions and help is very much welcomed.

I guess it's cause he conquered all those countries...

I'd go for both Scandinavia and Iberia concurrently. With US already at war, there are no restrains, And as far as I can see you got the forces to do it.

Just spare Finland, and then go for Ungarn and the Balkan.