• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

grandsteed

Les catholiques de la contre-réforme
Aug 15, 2019
Back to EU3 for the first time since 2017, and I've always wanted to dedicate time to a Georgia playthrough. This is done at a few start dates, but always before 1419.

Starting out with little manpower and money I find it hard to build an army worth anything before I get DOWed by either Golden horde or Ak/Qara. Sometimes the horde never bothers me but I have to face Ak/Qara, Ak is not a major issue because little forts so you can just sneak behind and take some provinces for easy peace if you can't fight, but Qara wrecks me instantly every time. What's worse, when I was able to stop both horde and Qara from DOWing me, the Timurids always annex Qara/Ak before I build enough men to fight them. This leaves me to face the wrath of the Timurids which usually even with Persian or other rebels they still devote enough men to crush me as I can't make enough to face doomstacks.

Not sure what the best way out is, because if I wait for the horde to unravel itself I get DOWed in the south and game over. Timurids won't fall apart fast enough either.