• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IKagamiY

Recruit
9 Badges
May 19, 2021
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
So I've tried everything I could to make Stellaris and Crusader Kings III work even though they worked fine months ago.
But now all they do is never launching. Stellaris runs in the Task Manager, takes huge Cpu but will never start the launcher to run the game.

The problem is that I can't do anything since we can't access most files with Game Pass. I checked and Stellaris should be in my allowed antivirus programs but I can't run it in exceptions because I don't have its .exe file nor anything else really.

I don't know why they suddenly stopped working and it's really annoying me since I wanted to play with friends. Though they can start the game with gamepass, I can't.

Do you have any solutions to this ?

Your AV apps should have dialogs where they say what .exe files they've blocked recently. If ck3.exe and stellaris.exe are mentioned there you can allow them there.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .