• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

nicooo

Recruit
May 23, 2020
Hi I have the game Surviving the aftermath on the Epic. When I click on Lauch game, game load to start page where is a start game, adding mods and infos for last updates. When I click on the Start game, game load to Paradox logo and the whole PC crash. I have to manualy restarted PC on the PC tower. It´s happening after game update 4 I think. I have AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 core 3,6 GHz, 16Gb RAM, Direct X12, grafic card AMD Radeon RX 5600XT. Today I did a new clean Windows instalation. I have the newest Windows 10 updates, newest video drivers. None weird programs or malware. I realy don´t know where is the problem. Other games works fine

My output log is

Initialize engine version: 2018.4.21f1 (fd3915227633)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (ID=0x731f)
Vendor:
VRAM: 6103 MB
Driver: 26.20.15029.27016
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in 1.386 seconds
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader

Hi this was the whole output, nothing else was there. Maybe it´s not the game where is the problem. I have big problems after last Windows update. PC went to blue screen and I had to reinstal clean Windows again. But after installing AMD grafic drivers, PC turned blue again. So another clean Windows install. Now I have PC withnout grafic drivers and it works. Even Surviving I can load, menu is okay, but I can´t play. Game is loading about 10 minutes and then it's unplayable. Screen is barely moving, like very little FPS. But I think that missing grafic drivers doing that. But the game was crashing on the Paradox logo before my Windows problems, but I don´t have the old output files. That output file what I gave here was after I did clean Windows install, install Windows updates, motherboard chipset and drivers and AMD grafic drivers. Then game crashed after paradox logo appears. Now after clean Windows istall, Windows updates, motherboard chipset and drivers game works ,but it´s unplayable becouse off missing grafic drivers. Cursing myself for not buying nVidia :mad: when I heard about latest AMD drivers problems

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully you get your PC fixed and running, and the game starts running as well. If you still have problems after your PC works without problems, please let us know!