• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(30464)

Recruit
Jun 13, 2004
I have original HOI cd and did a fresh install and the updated to 1.06. I start the game and it goes to the scenario/load game screen. I can pick any scenario or saved game and the following error occurs.

Critical error!

--- Datebase Mismatch (type = 6 / id 1 ) already used! ---
Do you still want to continue?

Abort Retry Ignore

So I have re-installed twice and it does not fix the problem. Now I admit I was doing some self-modding and changing the values in the db's but always did save as and did the format that was pre-selected. Any ideas?

Open the file with the scenario name that you get the error. My guess that it is near the start of the file. Do a search for type=6/id1 or just look for the reoccurance of that. Then change of those ids to a unique value.

It looks is that your modding caused the problem. If you do another fresh install, make sure that any files left over are deleted manually. Patches sometimes change/add files that are left behind after an uninstall.

BTW - This should not be in TECH support. Its a modding issue.