• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Osyr

Recruit
37 Badges
Feb 11, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
Hello fellow Martians,

Does anyone else have the same problem? I had a working game, woke up one morning - the game was gone and in it's place I found a beta.

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I'm actually going to wait a bit for the bugs to be eliminated before I update.

And its not just this game, delaying updates is something I do for all games, because no matter how well the update launch goes, something always breaks and it takes a bit of time for the Dev Team to find it and fix it.

That is a great idea!

Wait what ... steam updated my game automatically.

[Opening options and searching for my original version]

[Searching the forum]

Oh - the new developer do not offer an option to use the version I bought, participating in the Beta is not an option but a must for everyone who bought the game (their is a reason I never ever buy games on release date!).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I find it incomprehensible that they are not willing to give us access to the previous stable release via the branching option on Steam. Also, their explanation as to why they are not willing to give us access to the version we paid for and were enjoying just fine a week ago, is as half-baked as this unwanted "free update" and the supposed "hotfix" which apparently didn't really fix anything.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That is a great idea!

Wait what ... steam updated my game automatically.

[Opening options and searching for my original version]

[Searching the forum]

Oh - the new developer do not offer an option to use the version I bought, participating in the Beta is not an option but a must for everyone who bought the game (their is a reason I never ever buy games on release date!).

And the reason I don't use Steam. I actually feel for you guys that had a game you were enjoying being broken by a forced update.

This is true of all software that is automatically updated without your input (Win10, etc.). If the update breaks something and you can't roll back, you are stuck with non-working software until a fix is released, IF a fix is released.

The convenience of automatically updated software becomes a nuisance and a nightmare when those forced updates break the software and you can no longer use it.

Personally I will take control over convenience every time.

And hopefully, the team will get a way for everyone to roll back updates in the very near future.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well support assured me that the current hotfix has fixed all "game-breaking" bugs and the game is absolutly playable and can be enjoyed by me. My characterisation of an unplayable game is - in their view - has no connection to reality. There may still be some minor bugs and they will be fixed soon. Old gamesaves can be played with no constraint.

Well I will give it a try - I will even start a completely fresh game. 3 Sols in only minor bugs so far. Sadly even one bug in one of the few new features - the dust collection display:rolleyes: . Come on. You do not even have to test the whole game. Only the new feature you have implemented. Is this realy that hard:
Let's see what further surprises await me - further on into the unknown...

I find it incomprehensible that they are not willing to give us access to the previous stable release via the branching option on Steam. Also, their explanation as to why they are not willing to give us access to the version we paid for and were enjoying just fine a week ago, is as half-baked as this unwanted "free update" and the supposed "hotfix" which apparently didn't really fix anything.
Yeah, exactly this. The whole thing is a mess. Abstraction rushed this release, clearly didn't test it properly, and now aren't willing to roll back the game version to the stable, pretty much bug-free version that existed until they got involved. Not sure whether I feel more sad or angry about it all.

I just want the old build back as a Steam beta branch. It really can't possibly take that much effort to do, and will give those of us who have been playing the game for a while (since release, in my case) a functioning game again. I'm not willing to wait around for months for the many bugs that this 'free patch' introduced to be fixed, especially since they don't seem to know what's causing some of them...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Surviving Mars was a stable, almost-'lean' game with well-developed systems.

I wish it had been left where it was - new developers was not going to work.

Instead just as I have come back to the game - I'm finding my old saves are no longer working in the same war and new games riddled with issues that mean I can't continue.

I know 'more content' always sounds good (and particularly for Paradox) but Surviving Mars should have been left as it was.

Reactions:
Yup , Surviving Mars should have been left as it was. , and since they didn't we should be given the ability to revert to the previous version (on Steam) !
I am really unhappy about all of this. First then the Season Pass (First Colony Edition) does not cover all though limitations were not properly shown in Steam Store and then when frustrated wanting to go have a look at where I left off game last then I dare not because of all the bugs that other people reports as having ruined their games !!!

P.S.

Osyr is absolutely right when writing that it's like we are asked to Beta test the update, because it's like there has not been a lot of quality control before publishing game update and new DLC !

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: