• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

atribug12

Recruit
Apr 21, 2024
Hello, need some help. I installed the game for the first time a few days ago (via PC Game Pass) and the game keeps crushing on me randomly while playing.

My system: RX 6600, Ryzen 5 5600, 16gb of RAM. No mods installed.

(Already tried repairing files, and re-instaling the game and it still keeps happening)

Thanks!

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    5,9 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    14,6 KB · Views: 0
Never seen this before!
[19:24:13][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1596]: C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/ParadoxInteractive.ProjectTitus_1.0.614.0_x64__zfnrdv2de78ny/game/gfx/models/portraits/attachments/female_clothes/secular/fp2_christian/common_01/female_clothes_secular_fp2_iberian_christian_common_01_bs_breast_size_min.mesh path is over 250 characters long and will likely cause a crash on open. Consider changing install path to something shorter
Instead of C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/ , can you install the game under C:\XboxGames or D:\Xbox Apps ?

"renderer"={
version=0
value="Vulkan"
}
Vulkan is not supported for the Windows edition of the game (it is only there for diagnostic purposes). Set that to DX11 please.

If none of that helps, Please do a full clean re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Vic3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Victoria3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria3 folders- In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Victoria3 or Documents Victoria3 locations, before installing again.
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add Victoria3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

THEN Right click on victoria3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

THEN test with a new unmodded campaign NOT any existing one.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria3/pdx_settings.json .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victoria3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.txt

Never seen this before!

Instead of C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/ , can you install the game under C:\XboxGames or D:\Xbox Apps ?

Vulkan is not supported for the Windows edition of the game (it is only there for diagnostic purposes). Set that to DX11 please.
Thanks for the reply! Doing a fresh re-install and intalling the game under C:\XboxGames seem to do the trick! (I dont understand why it didnt install there to begin with). I have been playing for some hours and no crushes so far, thanks!