• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

8ti0000

Recruit
9 Badges
Mar 14, 2021
  • Magicka
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
Dear Tech Support Team,

My data
Hardware: AMD FX 8350, GeForce GTX 670, 8 GB RAM, WDC WD500AACS-00ZUB0 ATA Hard Drive
Plattform: Steam
No Mods installed
DLC´s: Hellenistic World Flavor Pack, Epirus Flavor Pack, The Punic Wars and Magna Graecia
Antivirus: Avast

Description of the problem
After various time in the game, from a few minutes to over a hour of play time, it starts stutter for a brief moment while notifications pops up or button pressing. A short time later the game freezes entirely, the hardware seems to work a lil harder and after a short while peripher tools like mouse and key board turn there light off. If i wait longer the PC restarts itself with the notification boot failure due to overclocking, if I restart the PC manually it boots fine. The few times i closed the game before the freezing and crashing emerged it´s happen some minutes later anyway. The problem appears the first time after the meander update, before i could just play fine for hours.

What did I tried to solve it
1. Updated all drivers
2. I played it in window mode and low resolution settings.
3. Uninstalled Imperator via steam as well as deleting the Imperator folder in documents and steamapps
4. Monitored the Hardware via task manager and the CPU by AMD overdrive. Everything seems fine until the stutter begins, where the CPU get a delayed and short spike to 100% capacity. When it is freezing there is no spike, but maybe the freeze denied the display of this spike.
5. I set Imperator back to the Archimedes update and it didn´t crash the first session, even not after closing the game, but it crashed the second session.
6. I set the Imperator folder, both in documents and steamapps, to the "do not disturb" list of my antivirus program.

I hope you can help me.
Your 8ti

Attachments

• debug.log
    77,3 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    993 bytes · Views: 0
  • game.log
    833,7 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    924 bytes · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    96,3 KB · Views: 0
If i wait longer the PC restarts itself with the notification boot failure due to overclocking,
What is overclocked, and does undoing that help with this problem?

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ after say 30 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Thank you for your quick respond

I didn´t overclocked anything on my PC, I just used the AMD overdrive as an monitor tool. I tried to set the CPU to Fail Safe Default via BISO but that didn,t solve the problem.

Today I looked at the temperature before I started the game and right before the frezzing/crash at a round about 20 min later.
CPU: Start 35 C End 42 C
GPU: Start 52 C End 83C

The GPU temp. seems a lil bit too high for me, but not high enough to crash. I read in a quick search that up to 90 C shouldn´t be a problem for my GPU.

Actually IMO anything over 80c is a problem and need to be addressed. Clean out all air vents it has (compressed air cans are good for this). Make sure airflow to them is not blocked by anything like walls, books or whatever. If that doesn't drop the temps enough, you probably have a faulty fan or a heatsink/thermal paste problem. You may need professional help at that point.

I'm not sure I understand about overclocking - you said you got a "notification boot failure due to overclocking" - yet you are sure nothing is overclocked?

I will definitely clean up the GPU with some air cans, because yesterday I check the inside of my PC and the GPU is kinda dusty.

The whole notification was: "The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes of voltages" so it could be a voltage problem instead of an overclocking issue. None the less I don´t assume this is relevant for the problem, because first the notification refers to the CPU, second it only appears if I let the PC work after the freezing and third after I reset the CPU settings in the BIOS everything seems to be fine.

If the cleaning of the GPU don´t solve the problem I will wait for playing I:R after I upgrade my PC at the end of this year.

Thank you for your help Andrew, have a nice day.