• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mendozacheers

Corporal
132 Badges
Sep 2, 2011
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sengoku
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • March of the Eagles
At some point the game forced 2 DLC on my game and my save making it seemingly impossible to load now. How do I acquire these two minor DLCs that obviously barely affects my gameplay?

1158310_screenshots_20210214213321_1.jpg

The save is ironman.
I am willing to purchase these two missing DLCs for a reasonable price. However the 35€ price tag for Expansion pass I do not consider a reasonable price to retrieve my save file. Preferably I wish to not purchase any DLCs at all.

Any help is appreciated.

Have you been playing on GeForce Now perhaps? We are seeing this problem in that situation.

Please lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com and we'll fix you up there.

Have you been playing on GeForce Now perhaps? We are seeing this problem in that situation.

Please lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com and we'll fix you up there.

Yes I am using GeForce now. I see that other people seem to have this issue, sorry for the additional post. I have submitted a ticket (#221930) at the referred site.

So I'm also having this problem and opened a ticket, and the support that is given is a code for one offending DLC, and the other DLC code is "not able to be given" because it's part of a bundle they clearly don't want to give away for free. So just make that DLC available separately? How hard can that be? But no, that's not offered as a solution, at least initially.

The "workaround" that is given for this impossibility of actually fixing the problem is to load the game in GEForce Now with all DLCs turned off, attempt to load the broken save, quit the game, start it up again, turn all DLCs on again, and the broken save should be loadable. So far, this worked once in the first six tries, and after it worked once, upon saving, exiting, and trying to reload, the save is once again broken. After three more tries at the workaround, I can't duplicate the fix a second time. That's not a workaround, and the way the workaround was communicated made it clear that there is likely no further help coming: "good luck with that" I was told. We'll see if further help is coming, which I have asked for, or else for an actual explanation of why this is broken and what they are going to do to fix it after what looks like many months of this being a known issue.

To be clear, what has happened here is that two "free" DLCs I never asked for were added to the game in such a way that it broke my saves and threatens to keep breaking my saves outside of my control while playing on GEForce Now, a supposedly fully supported platform for playing a game that I bought with the understanding that it could be played on said platform.

At least explain the problem and why it can't be fixed if that's indeed the case, right? If it's simply not a priority for fixing because it's a hedge case of some kind, then say that? How about actually releasing a statement on this issue for all to read and know about, before further people buy the game thinking it will be playable only to find out there is an issue that maybe they would rather avoid?

Unless something changes, this feels like being stonewalled and an attempt to keep the issue from being widely known and talked about as a face-saving activity. I hope that I'm proven wrong... (we'll see if they even allow this reply to post)