Game does not sync savegames and saved empires between PC version and Steam Deck

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dessloch

Sergeant
61 Badges
Nov 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Ancient Space
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH
I wanted to play my savegame from my Steam Deck on my PC, but there is no savefile to be load on the PC version (Steam shows that the PC version's cloud is up-to-date). It's seems like there is no sync between the 2 devices, this is the only game so far which is not in sync. Is it a bug or the game is not prepared with crossplatform save? Cloud save should work, or not?

New launcher version and beta version is installed, but the saves are still not synced, although the saves are uploaded to steam cloud on both devices. I'm disappointed, I really wanted to continue my save on my PC after Steam Deck.

Are we supposed to post our tech issues here? Or are we supposed to open a ticket?

I encountered almost the same issues are yours. The difference is that Stellaris cloud save has not been updated since 2020.

I have no experience on the Deck, I barely even know what one is! But if it basically works like a Linux machine then Steam ought to sync save games, yes.

Does Steam on the Deck should the cloud is up to date?

What happens when you save to. cloud on the Deck? I assume it has no local save capability.

Do you see those saves here?

I have no experience on the Deck, I barely even know what one is! But if it basically works like a Linux machine then Steam ought to sync save games, yes.

Does Steam on the Deck should the cloud is up to date?

What happens when you save to. cloud on the Deck? I assume it has no local save capability.

Do you see those saves here?
I have Stellaris downloaded to my PC and my Deck aswell. On both devices Steam cloud is enabled. If I start a game on my PC (or just even create a new empire than save it) and exit from the game, Steam upload to my cloud successfully. Next time I can resume my game without any problem. If I start a new game on my deck than exit it'll also save to my Steam cloud without any problem and next time I can resume the game on my deck. However I cannot see the Deck's savegames/empire on my PC despite of the cloud is synced and vica versa: I cannot see my PC's savegames/empire on my Deck.

Steam cloud shows up to date on both devices and still not synced. I can only play the separate savegames on my devices.

Last edited: