• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Knrboy

Private
30 Badges
Oct 19, 2020
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
I am experiencing an issue with my HOI4; I can play for a few months, even a year or two, before unexpectedly crashing (the game completely quits) and getting an error reporter; there is no pattern to the crashes. It's just random.

"graphics.cpp:129]: No font with the name"

is found in all of the crash reports. At the end, I put my own below to show an example.

Apologies if this needs more details if I can be known what to post I'll update it, this is my first help thread.

Attachments

• error.log
    132 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The error.log does not contain any crash related info.

For that, you need to locate the crashes folder in your hoi4 data folder. In it, there is an exceptions file. That file contains the crash point information

The error.log does not contain any crash related info.

For that, you need to locate the crashes folder in your hoi4 data folder. In it, there is an exceptions file. That file contains the crash point information
Heres one of the most recent crash reports

Attachments

• exception.txt
    2,2 KB · Views: 0
That looks like something went wrong in the context of memory management inside the game. Did you allow the launcher/reporter to send crash data to Paradox? If so, the devs now have the same info and can examine it. If not, please make a bug report about it in the bug reporting sub forum.

Are you running any mods and does the game crash on the same day each time? If so, the issue is likely related to one of the focus trees. See if the problem is replicable without the mod that is altering focus trees.

Are you running any mods and does the game crash on the same day each time? If so, the issue is likely related to one of the focus trees. See if the problem is replicable without the mod that is altering focus trees.
It happens regardless of mods, I'm honestly unsure what it could possibly be. I've reinstalled and completely wiped any paradox files yet it still happens

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here's three other crash results I found in four of the most recent logs

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF7EAD05FA0

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF65296063A

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF654623C11

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF70FAA3C33

Like I said before, let the crash reporter send a report to Paradox.

But, if you do want to post your crash data here, at least include the stack trace with the crash address. A crash address alone isn't extremely helpful ;)

PHYSFS is the file system layer of the game (the layer responsible for reading in all the game data files and writing out any save game files). It's rather unusual to have it crash there. Maybe a virus scanner is interfering?

PHYSFS is the file system layer of the game (the layer responsible for reading in all the game data files and writing out any save game files). It's rather unusual to have it crash there. Maybe a virus scanner is interfering?
I've checked and have no conflicts in my anti-virus

• 1Like
Reactions:
Do you have any mods installed and active? If so, could you try without any mods?

If you come to any solution, please let me know
So after some testing around I have had some better stability using OpenGL as the render option under game settings in the launcher. Although I do have some issues with fullscreen borderless mode not working properly and the UI not upscaling like it is supposed to but at least I'm not crashing as often I used to. I hope this helps you.

If you come to any solution, please let me know
Also, I did find this from a similar post with the same problem as us. I am yet to test but hopefully, it works for us, please let me know if this works for you.
This is quite speculative, but your CPU has 8 pCores and 16 eCores. Run the game up then alt-tab out to Windows, run Task manager. Right click on the game, Go To Details, Set Affinity. Leave CPU 0-7 ticked, untick the rest.

Is that any better?