• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

shadowtalon88

Recruit
41 Badges
Feb 27, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
after posting my problem through the ticket option i was told they cant help for me to post on the forums so here i am.
this is my first play throught, im playing as spain, all dlc's and no mods on windows 10.
i was playing last night at got to july 11 1630 when i saved and logged out for the night. no problems so far with the game. i logged in this today and ran into problems. most countries in the new world my colonies included are grayed mush and inaccessible, they have codes over them like co1 co 2 etc. my latest 3 saves saves are all the same. save from 1626 to 1630. my earliest save that isnt messed up is 1542 shortly after i started to colonize brazil. by 1630 i have most of brazil, upper and middle s. america, Columbia and panama as colonies. 80 years so game play. i play on steam and have tries reloading and restarting my pc. i have cloud saves because i play on my desktop and laptop. this is showing on my laptop. i have disable my cloud saves so tomorrow when i log into the game from my desktop i want to see if those saves are the same. i will try to attack a screen pic of the problem im referring to so you can see for yourself. i dont know how to fix it or what to do. would hate to start over again but well see. thanks
oh also after about 30 sec the game will crash and close out to desktop.

Attachments

• 20220722101734_1.jpg
    20220722101734_1.jpg
    542,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220722101803_1.jpg
    20220722101803_1.jpg
    495,4 KB · Views: 0
Are there any mods involved here? I can't think of any other explanation for what you are seeing.

my earliest save that isnt messed up is 1542 shortly after i started to colonize brazil.
f you go back and load that save, does the same problem occur?

Are there any mods involved here? I can't think of any other explanation for what you are seeing.

f you go back and load that save, does the same problem occur?
no mods and when i play that earlier save it seams to do fine. at least for the few mins im in game. i didnt unpause and let it run but i didnt have to do that either with the lastest saves to have the game crash, but no mods and all dlc's. its weird i was playing fine the night before saved logged out tried to log back in the next day and got what you see with the game crashing after about 30 secs, even from the load screen.

no mods and when i play that earlier save it seams to do fine. at least for the few mins im in game. i didnt unpause and let it run but i didnt have to do that either with the lastest saves to have the game crash, but no mods and all dlc's. its weird i was playing fine the night before saved logged out tried to log back in the next day and got what you see with the game crashing after about 30 secs, even from the load screen.
i plan on seeing what is on my desktop when i get home. that should have saves after 1542 but earlier than 1626.

well i logged into my desktop and the latest saves where all messed up but to various degrees. on some the gray co codes were gone but the areas where removed from my territory and listed as a random province with a generic black/red flag. i had no military access and my fleets stopped protecting trade. naples which was a subject of mine was still purple but not listed as Naples. right clicking showed it as spain. i had no diplo relations and no subjects. things where weird. my latest save on my desktop was 1622 and everything on that date was fine so i deleted all the saves after 1622 and started again. dont know what happened but well see if it happens again. again i have no mods at all and all dlc's running. disappointing for my first play through. im really enjoying the game up till this happened.