• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nein

Lt. General
2 Badges
Feb 19, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
I discovered that when trying to load a game where you had demanded a province (I suppose it doesn't matter if you're offering or demanding one, but I mention just in case) there's a CTD.

Upvote 0
I am not clear on the sequence of events. At what point do you save the game? After the offer is accepted?

At this point
rYB8xSy.jpg

Confirmed; it's a problem with the peace mapmode. Working on it now.

No, this one only occurs on loading a save. I have not observed a CTD after an annexation in the newest beta.

Ok, here we go - I confirm there's a problem with annexations. Here's a save I made just before the crash: it is enough to try to annex Siena for the game to CTD.

I'm playing with AGCEEP, to be honest, so this is perhaps why I'm having this issue while you're not, Michael. However: should I post it in the AGCEEP thread, then? Isn't this something you'd have to look into as well...? (I seriously don't know what could be related to and this is why I'm asking).

Anyway, playing with FtG beta (version from 23rd March). Checksum: QFML (AGCEEP checksum: VNBB).

Event and script-related crashes (game load, e.g.) should be posted in the mod's thread. This is a gameplay crash, so it belongs here.

However, I can't replicate it with my install, even using the .exe from March 23. Curious.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate :( .

I had this crash happening since 1.2 and it seems like I'll have to deal with it even in 1.3... :unsure: (although, luckily, it doesn't happen every single time - still, very often indeed, something like 40-50% after completely annexing a country).

Just to be clear, does this particular save crash every time or only sometimes?

Just to be clear, does this particular save crash every time or only sometimes?
The odd thing is that I wanted to make a statistic seeing how many times that save crashed upon loading it and clicking on "Offer peace -> Annex" but apparently this way the game does never crash :huh: (at least, 5 tries out of 5 which is more than enough to believe so).

It would seem like the only case in which I get a random crash this way is when I'm already playing (although even for not so long - it took me some 10 mins to get to that point from 1419, and then after annexing Siena I got the CTD). Oh well, I guess it will be enough to just remember to save every time I'm about to annex a country in order to eventually restart from that point - no big deal, after all (given the bug will stay this way, but I'm rather confident it will).

Thank you for taking a look at it, anyway!

Last edited: