• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BigRedBeard85

Recruit
19 Badges
Jul 26, 2022
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
I'm on my first save that I actually survived to late game. Things are going well but I've got the War in Heaven and the Contingency events happening at the same time. The fleet sizes have gotten crazy and for some reason the game always crashes at turn 2495.03.01. My PC is pretty beefy and the resource usage never spikes during the crash.

I'm hoping there is some way to fix the game because I'd hate to lose this save. I've attached the most recent crash files if anyone is interested. Also, I've done the usual fixes like updating my driver, checking game files, rebooting, etc...

Attachments

• error.log
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    6,3 KB · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    34,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If there are no mods in use in this galaxy, attach here the problem save for others to test on their systems. Thanks.

I'm on my first save that I actually survived to late game. Things are going well but I've got the War in Heaven and the Contingency events happening at the same time. The fleet sizes have gotten crazy and for some reason the game always crashes at turn 2495.03.01. My PC is pretty beefy and the resource usage never spikes during the crash.

I'm hoping there is some way to fix the game because I'd hate to lose this save. I've attached the most recent crash files if anyone is interested. Also, I've done the usual fixes like updating my driver, checking game files, rebooting, etc...
I have the exact same problem, with the exact same set of circumstances. Both the war in heaven and contingency. I will try to upload the saved file if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    5,3 MB · Views: 0
If there are no mods in use in this galaxy, attach here the problem save for others to test on their systems. Thanks.
Hello Andrew. Not sure if this is what you meant but I have a very similar game that is vanilla with the same issue. I already uploaded my save. Just replying in case you don't see my reply to the original poster. Hope you can give us some advice, thanks.

I ran that save for several years with no cash or problem. Is there some action you do that seems to trigger the crash?

Can you test it on any other machine you might have access to?

I ran that save for several years with no cash or problem. Is there some action you do that seems to trigger the crash?

Can you test it on any other machine you might have access to?
Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, I can ask a friend with a much stronger machine to see if he is able to run it successfully. Perhaps the PCs I have is just too weak? Does this mean there is a chance I could avoid the crash by lowering my graphics settings etc. to the bare minimum? What are the most optimum settings? I will continue to test. Thank you, Andrew.

I think I might have uploaded the incorrect save.
The date should be: 2481.02.22
Number of colonies 69
Fleet strength: 2346

I went on Steam and downloaded the Cloud Save which I think is the correct save. Sorry :(

Attachments

• save games_darheshhorde_-1740054161_ironman.sav
    5 MB · Views: 0
That one crashes for me too so it looks like a real bug, and you are all set to report in it Bug Reports!

Make a new thread there and attach that save for QA to look into.

Then put it aside and try it as you see new game patches come out.

Sorry for that problem!

That one crashes for me too so it looks like a real bug, and you are all set to report in it Bug Reports!

Make a new thread there and attach that save for QA to look into.

Then put it aside and try it as you see new game patches come out.

Sorry for that problem!
Thanks for the help. I posted about the bug. Hope it gets sorted out at some point.