Game crashes on change of year to 1230 - Error: Failed to fetch a valid faith 'mozarabic_church'

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Geek Cupboard

Recruit
34 Badges
Jul 19, 2022
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Island Bound
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
I have a save game that started on version 1.5 but I then continued playing on version 1.6. It worked fine for a long time but recently the game reached the end of the year 1229 and the moment it rolls over into 1230, the game crashes straight to desktop and the Crash Reporter pops up.

I've tried checking the integrity of the files in Steam. I've also tried disabling any auto-saves and even changing character in game, but the game still crashes.

Looking at the error logs, this comes up a lot:
-----
[19:00:14][jomini_script_system.cpp:262]: Script system error!
Error: Failed to fetch a valid faith 'mozarabic_church'
Script location: file: common/decisions/00_major_decisions_iberia_north_africa.txt line: 701
[19:00:15][jomini_script_system.cpp:262]: Script system error!
Error: Failed to fetch a valid faith 'mozarabic_church'
Script location: file: common/decisions/00_major_decisions_iberia_north_africa.txt line: 546
-----

I'm pretty sure this is something to do with the Struggle for Iberia DLC. Looking at the .txt file the error is referring to, there is no mention of a mozarabic_church.

I fear the worst, because it seems that others have had similar problems with no solution, but I'm hoping that someone can offer some advice to save the game. We've been playing it as a series on YouTube and there are some fantastic stories going on so I'd love to keep it going, but I am prepared to accept it's a lost cause.

Fingers crossed someone can do magic to save it!

Attachments

• error.log
    100,5 KB · Views: 0
have a save game that started on version 1.5 but I then continued playing on version 1.6.
That will be the problem I'm afraid - those two patches are not fully save game compatible. The intent was you revert to 1.5.1.1 to finish any existing campaigns.

If it's not an Ironman game you can still do that, if you still have a save that was last saved under the 1.5.x patches not the 1.6.x ones.