• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

totylkonaraz

Private
Feb 26, 2014
Hi,
I'm having troubles trying to solve the mentioned issue.

FTG 1.3 29Dec + PlvsVltra 1.31

The game crashes on March 24, 1438. I've been trying to manually skip the date in the save file - no results.
Any ideas what that might be?

Thanks in advance.

Also, wanted to post it in the specific thread (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/plvs-vltra-bugs.577940/page-10) but it says the thread is too old to reply to. Sorry for that.

Hi,
I'm having troubles trying to solve the mentioned issue.

FTG 1.3 29Dec + PlvsVltra 1.31

The game crashes on March 24, 1438. I've been trying to manually skip the date in the save file - no results.
Any ideas what that might be?

Thanks in advance.

Also, wanted to post it in the specific thread (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/plvs-vltra-bugs.577940/page-10) but it says the thread is too old to reply to. Sorry for that.
It sounds like an event bug, but I'll check and see if there's something else. Can you post the save file please?

Here's the packed save.
If you're able to solve it could you please provide the explanation (what went wrong, how to deal with that in the future, etc.)?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Save Games.rar
    357,5 KB · Views: 13
Here's the packed save.
If you're able to solve it could you please provide the explanation (what went wrong, how to deal with that in the future, etc.)?

Thanks!
It's not an event bug, it's a game bug. Thanks for reporting.

There's a province in Mongolia (#603 - Kiahkta) which has an active missionary. But it was only a colony, and at some point the natives rose and destroyed the colony. When the missionary finishes on March 24, it will fail and the game will try to create a rebellion. That's what causes the crash.

The missionary should have been deactivated once the colony was destroyed. And the game should have better sanity checks when spawning a rebellion. I'll put both measures into the next beta patch, using your game as a test.

In the meantime, open your save file in a text editor and go to line 6004. That is the start of a block that looks like this:
Code:
    construction = {
       id = { type = 4712 id = 351988 }
       action = 26
       province = 603
       flags = 196608
       startdate = { day = 2 month = december year = 1429 }
       enddate = { day = 24 month = march year = 1438 }
       level = 4
       x = 15086
       y = 1856
       tag = MGA
   }
This is the offending missionary. Remove that whole block (lines 6004-6015) and you should be good to go.

It works perfectly fine, thanks a lot!

Just one more quick question - and I realize it's not related - is there something that can be done about the Balkan rebellions in mid 1500s? Every time Turkey struggles with a lot of rebellions - not only in that region but in general - and by the end of 1500s smaller states are independent - Hungary (co-existing with Transylvania), Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia and so on. It kind of breaks the game since Turkey isn't really a challenge to anyone after that. Is there a way to boost their stability without using cheats or editing the save file every few years? Not to make them too strong after that, of course.

It works perfectly fine, thanks a lot!

Just one more quick question - and I realize it's not related - is there something that can be done about the Balkan rebellions in mid 1500s? Every time Turkey struggles with a lot of rebellions - not only in that region but in general - and by the end of 1500s smaller states are independent - Hungary (co-existing with Transylvania), Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia and so on. It kind of breaks the game since Turkey isn't really a challenge to anyone after that. Is there a way to boost their stability without using cheats or editing the save file every few years? Not to make them too strong after that, of course.
Rebels were buffed in one of the betas but nerfed a bit in the most recent one. Does the Empire have the Balkan cultures as national cultures? If not, try that first.

Hello! I kinda have same problem. Crashing like on really similar time no matter how much I try! Its really frustrating!
if its possible could somone check if i can repair my save file? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• save games.rar
    297 KB · Views: 12
Hello! I kinda have same problem. Crashing like on really similar time no matter how much I try! Its really frustrating!
if its possible could somone check if i can repair my save file? Thanks in advance!
When does it crash for you, and does it always? I played two years and couldn't get it to crash.