• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HoKage7

Recruit
2 Badges
May 22, 2023
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I am playing the 1.8.2 version. I’ve tried 3 different playsets: Vanilla with no mods, Elder Kings 2 ( no other mods) and GoT (no other mods). Both EK2 and GOT are 1.8.2 compatible. The game takes ages to start and then crashes as soon as I use the right click to interact with any character. The game runs smoothly till i try to interact with any character and use the right click. Also i only have the royal court dlc activated. Is there any way to fix this? i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, verified the game files and then rolled back to 1.8.2, i also updated my graphics drivers and C++

It is normal for the game to take a long time to start up.

We can't help with modded games here. In your vanilla situation, are you testing this with a new campaign? Because loading a campaign that had mods used in it previously is not a good test of the problem!

It is normal for the game to take a long time to start up.

We can't help with modded games here. In your vanilla situation, are you testing this with a new campaign? Because loading a campaign that had mods used in it previously is not a good test of the problem!
Yes, even for my vanilla playthrough without any mods the same thing takes place in 1.8.2. I've deleted the entire CK3 folder from documents, uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, verified the files and then started a brand new save yet it hasn't been fixed. The right click works when i need to move my armies but it crashes as soon as i try to interact with any character or even on my own character.

I'm not aware of this as a reported bug in any game version.

If you start a new unmodded test game under 1.9.0.4 does it still happen?