• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Beast2020

Private
Jun 12, 2023
[01:25:12][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:177]: CreateTexture2D failed on: R16G16B16A16_FLOAT/650x725
[01:25:12][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:178]: D3D error: hr returned: Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.

[01:25:12][pdx_assert.cpp:619]: Assertion failed: hr returned:
Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.

[01:25:12][gfx_dx11_master_context.cpp:427]: Failed creating pixel buffer
[01:25:12][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:177]: CreateTexture2D failed on: R16G16B16A16_FLOAT/650x725
[01:25:12][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:177]: CreateTexture2D failed on: R16G16B16A16_FLOAT/325x362

im running a 5700 g with 16 gb of ram and a 1080 graphics card

it was crashing every few minutes but i turned down all the graphic settings to low. not sure what else to do i dont have a issue with other games

no mods and just did a freash install same issue

Update that nVidia driver to June 2023 https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

THEN Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, cap refresh rate at 60.

If those don't help:

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

still failed its getting shorter and shorter it fails every 5 minutes now as my campaign continues
Oh, is this all in one campaign? What if you start a new test one, does it happen there too?

Any mods involved in it?

Is the crash repeatable from its saved game, or when you reload it goes past the point where it crashed before?

What fps do you see in the game?

multiple games all do it, no mods, and its random ik it, like to crash on manual saves 50% of the time, 50 fps is what set it to, geforce monitoring only shows 60% load on my GPU when it crashes also using about 70% of 16GB or ram according to task manager i can play other games that run way harder without issue i don't get it tbh only thing I can think is something with drivers but iv updated everything I can think of iv only had the game for 3 weeks and it been an issue since day 1

note this is with setting turned down if it turn everything on high it will crash 100% the time on saves

I am sorry, I see no reason for these crashes in any of those files.

These crashes are only happening during a save game operation, are you saying? What antivirus app do you use? Make sure ck3.exe is in all its exceptions lists, AND that it is not doing realtime scans of Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders.

not just saves but I can force it with a save now sure what it could be I run dual monitors and noticed that setting on high is also crashes google chrome when paying for videos like a graphic crash but only with ck3 and o high graphic settings it i just don't get why only ck3 would cause this lol im lost sucks bc im loving this game

so it will crash on the main menu when I set the graphic from custom to high and apply settings instant crashes now lol
i can heaven bench mark for 45 minutes with no issues tho so idk what else it could be ik it something software tho

It is hard to understand how video settings could cause a crash when you go to save a game, they are really unrelated things!

You are getting two kinds of crashes now? One on save and a separate one related to video settings?

yes just did a reinstall and played for 1 hrs before crash got the following error on crash
[00:48:32][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:177]: CreateTexture2D failed on: R16G16B16A16_FLOAT/400x400
[00:48:32][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:178]: D3D error: hr returned: Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.

[00:48:32][pdx_assert.cpp:619]: Assertion failed: hr returned:
Not enough memory resources are available to complete this operation.

[00:48:32][gfx_dx11_master_context.cpp:427]: Failed creating pixel buffer
[00:48:32][gfx_dx11_pixelbuffer.cpp:177]: CreateTexture2D failed on: B8G8R8A8_UNORM/400x400
[00:48:32][gfx_dx11_master_context.cpp:427]: Failed creating pixel buffer

gpu was under 67% load and ram usage for the system was under 70% while playing

note this was just a crash no save or setting change after it crashed i restarted with autosave 2 month earlyer and played right though the point that crashed before

That seems to be saying it is running out of Vram, which seems unlikely with your hardware!

If you select Vulkan instead of DX11 in the launcher-game settings menu, do you still get this?

What errors does the log show now?

on this one its
[jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
Error: Invalid right side during comparison 'previous_holder'
Script location: file: common/achievements/ep1_achievements.txt line: 308

listed over and over