• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LOcto

Private
Oct 2, 2021
Short summary of your issue
Game Crashes at Autosave

Game Version
1.8.0 (I have that problem since I bought the game, respectively 1.7.2)

What OS are you playing on?
Linux (Pop_OS)

What platform are you using?
Steam

What DLC do you have installed?
All of them.

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible

As I enter a savegame or start a new game, after 2-6 Autosaves the game crashes, my pc can take an fully modded late-game of stellaris without any problem, I don't think that's an PC problem.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
I think the previous answer explains this already.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Some people on the tech support forum seem to have the same problem.

I also paid fully for the game, I really enjoy it, but the problem persists and it gives me a bad experience.

I have attached a save game
Impossible - unfortunately.

Are these Steam Cloud saves perhaps? If so, what if you do local saves instead?

Then this is not a known problem, based on the details you've provided so far. But of course the Linux user base is tiny, and the non-Ubuntu user base even smaller!

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

Then this is not a known problem, based on the details you've provided so far. But of course the Linux user base is tiny, and the non-Ubuntu user base even smaller!

From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.
I only managed to find a downloadable link of an savegame.

UPDATE: I found the CK3 folder, but the log files are nowhere to be found. I could find just the Save_game_analyzer.gui file and the log_viewer.gui file.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I found the CK3 folder, but the log files are nowhere to be found. I could find just the Save_game_analyzer.gui file and the log_viewer.gui file.
That's probably the Steam-CK3 folder, rather than where the game writes its documents.

The binary and DLC folder by default are in ~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Crusader\ Kings\ III/

The user files (settings.txt, error logs, saved games, gfx, mods) are I think in .local/share/Paradox\ Interactive/Crusader\ Kings\ III/ .