• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gandalfium553

Sergeant
65 Badges
Jan 13, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Hello!

Description of problem:
Game crashes right after I try to launch it (no matter if it's from launcher or .exe file)

What game version are you running?

What platform are you playing on?
Steam

Please select any/all DLC you have enabled.
Deluxe Edition, Magn Graecia, Hellenistic World and The Punic Wars.

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I tried to play the game after some time, I tried to turn it on, but it crashes immediately when I try to launch it from the launcher or after trying to run the .exe file (even when running it as admin too)

I reinstalled the game completely, but it doesn't seem to help. The game used to work before.

Here are my DxDiag.txt and pdx_settings.txt.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    278 bytes · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    78,7 KB · Views: 0
No real clues in those files, the game does not get a mention in that dxdiag. And the settings file is very short.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox/Imperator folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.

THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

Add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have the MSI Gaming App installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

No real clues in those files, the game does not get a mention in that dxdiag. And the settings file is very short.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox/Imperator folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.

THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

Add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have the MSI Gaming App installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log
I tried everything you told me, but the same problem persists, only difference now is that when I start the game without the launcher (from the .exe file) it kind of "freezes" my pc and stays like that unless I press the windows button and go to the application where it just stays as a black screen. I waited for it like 10 minutes or so, but it just stays like that.
Here are the files:

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
  • DxDiag.txt
    78,6 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
  • error.log
    5,5 KB · Views: 0
A lot of worrying errors in that log that I do not see in my game. Did you make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again? No mods in use here?

Is it any different if you choose windowed display mode in our launcher?

A lot of worrying errors in that log that I do not see in my game. Did you make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again? No mods in use here?

Is it any different if you choose windowed display mode in our launcher?
I reinstalled the game yet again and removed absolutely everything related to it, tried to start it from windowed mode, it went into white screen for a while and then crashed yet again.

Sorry about that, I don't know what is going on here. Can I see new copies of all those files please.

There you go. I updated my gpu and cpu drivers and even tried running the game on a previous version, but it still crashes :(

All other pdx games that I own (EUIV, CK2/3, HOI4, VIC2) work without any problems btw.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    78,6 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
  • error.log
    5,5 KB · Views: 0