Fulfilling religious need is too difficult.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chipchat2

Wild-eyed fanatic
101 Badges
Feb 7, 2002
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
Even building both Holy site and large temple doesn't fulfill the need in pretty large cities, I regret founding a relgion in the first place.

Reactions:
I have found that founding a religion is never worth it unless you're going to focus heavily on it, such as getting one of the religious national spirits. Otherwise you're best off not founding one. The religious buildings do grant some additional bonuses, and religious pops have some bonuses as well, but these aren't worth having to maintain an entirely new need. In addition, two of the three late-game governments will make religion irrelevant, and the one that is based around religion is IMO the weakest of the three. So you build up this massive religious infrastructure to produce faith, and then either have it become irrelevant in the late-game or have to go with the worst final government. The Theologians national spirit can be powerful though, and Crusaders and War Priests are fun, so I only found a religion if I'm going with one of these national spirits.

Agreed. I managed to hold off Age of Intolerance just barely, 19/20. I had to rush buy the buildings, and do lumber, lumber paper paper then religious texts just to satisfy it. Religion needs to be better or the requirements need to be lowered.

Religion is a waste of time in the modern world, and I think this is well reflected in the game.
We do not need it, it has only ever caused trouble, persecutions & appalling treatment of any dissenting voices and we are better off without it as a secular state.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
In game religion is very useful. It gives a lot of culture. The easy way to satisfy the need is to make a castle with empty flat land surrounding it. Then make 6 abbeys.
You need to do that for every region. The other ways to satisfy the need are to costly for the benefit it gives.

Reactions:
In game religion is very useful. It gives a lot of culture. The easy way to satisfy the need is to make a castle with empty flat land surrounding it. Then make 6 abbeys.
You need to do that for every region. The other ways to satisfy the need are to costly for the benefit it gives.
Can you not see how absurd that ploy is?
That said, there are many others equally flawed

You don't need that many abbeys. But indeed a couple for a large city is good enough. What is wrong with having a castle for a large city? It doesn't actually have to be close to the city.