• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So that would mean that the existence of Zulus is to ambush Britons just in case they walk into their ambush? :eek:

Not quite, but good guess. :p

A small small small update to celebrate the last few minutes of my birthday. (My university gave me a final exam as a present btw :mad:)

Here's some good stuff for a start: click me

This update is more like an advice-asking update: there is a possiblity I'll be starting a new AAR after I finish my finals. And I've some choices to make about what to write:

Choice 1: AAR set in 2025 (MDS)

Rafale1.jpg

An AAR set in 2025 of TTL, featuring a Legionnaire Rafale Pilot? (However, this takes a lot of plotting and hence you'll have to wait longer for this one.)

...​

Choice 2: AAR set in American Civil War (move to Vicky)

civilwarsoldiers.jpg

An AAR set in American Civil War, about a special Legionnaire task force sent to the CSA?

...​

So, which one should I present to you all? (Also don't worry, the current one is not dead, just want to start a new one. ;)) If there is enough people telling me what to write I shall record the "votes" casted.

Oh, yeah, don't worry about how I spent my birthday. I can say it's related to the following despite the final exam:

232.jpg

Last edited:
i would have said 'cant you carry on with this one' but you answered that. i'd probably like alternate history MDS one.

and also, on your birthday you... got kissed on the forehead by a japanese girl with no mouth in front of a christmas tree while staring straight ahead and looking very uncomfortable? sounds more fun than what i did... :(

i would have said 'cant you carry on with this one' but you answered that. i'd probably like alternate history MDS one.

and also, on your birthday you... got kissed on the forehead by a japanese girl with no mouth in front of a christmas tree while staring straight ahead and looking very uncomfortable? sounds more fun than what i did... :(

The MDS one? Well, the Rafale must have been a crucial factor, right? ;) Just to let you know, the Civil War one is also related to this AAR in some way or the other.

Errmmm... she ain't japanese, and I'm well aware it ain't Christmas. I just didn't take a photo at that time and used a pic I found as a replacement. You wouldn't want me to draw one myself, would you? :p

Happy birthday!

Thanks, Enewald. :D

Last edited:
Go MDS!

Can you tell us the story behind the picture?

Go MDS!

Can you tell us the story behind the picture?

another vote for the MDS!

Let's just say that Aria / Arietta in this AAR is modeled after her. To know more, just kept on reading this AAR. :p

Both AARs seem quite good, so I cannot choose one. Time to think, I guess...

Ok, American civil war, just for a change with the previous votes. :D

Both AARs seem quite good, so I cannot choose one. Time to think, I guess...

Ok, American civil war, just for a change with the previous votes. :D

Well, well, that's a change. ;) The Civil War one will actually have more to do with this current AAR since the time gap is smaller.

sorry i was making fun of the picture, not the situation it implies. that i fully endorse, no matter what her ethnic origin or which christian holiday if any you liased with her in.

sorry i was making fun of the picture, not the situation it implies. that i fully endorse, no matter what her ethnic origin or which christian holiday if any you liased with her in.

No offense taken, BritishImperial. ;) I'll just take it as an act of pure jealousy, mwahaha. :p

Last edited:
This is another "update" for the voting to decide which new AAR I shall be working on. The current one is not dead, just to state this again as a friendly reminder. Below is some advertising "trailer" for the two AAR I would like to work on. Make your choice and vote! Those who voted before are welcome to change their vote.

Choice I: AAR set in 2025 (MDS)

Rafale1.jpg

AAR set in 2025 of TTL, featuring a (ok, maybe two) Legionnaire Rafale Pilot?

~~~​

Chasing behind the tail of a Rafale, the Raptor brilliantly manouvered into a perfect shooting position.

800px-Lockheed_Martin_F-22A_Raptor_.jpg

"I've got you!!" cried the pilot of the F-22E Raptor. His screen displayed a clear lock-on.

Just as he was going to fire, the two engines of the Rafale unfolded down as "legs" and propelled the Rafale upwards.

"What?"

Raising his head up, the Raptor Pilot could see a large humanoid above him.

1-4-2.jpg

Inside the cockpit of the Rafale, the pilot muttered to himself in his cold voice.

"Rafale Noir... eliminate target..."

And then the pilot pressed down the trigger of his six-barrel gatling cannon.

gau8close.jpg

(7 might be too much, but 6 is good)

~~~​

"This is... impossible..." muttered the captain in the cockpit of his Raptor. From below he could see a sniper cannon directly aimed at his aircraft.

buster4.jpg

(Did I say sniper cannon? Alright this may be a bit too big but you get the idea.)​

"Rafale Verde, sniping enemy target!" A cheerful female voice can be heard inside the cockpit of the Rafale as the "head" of the Rafale locked on to the Raptor.

dyn-3.jpg

~~~​

"...so ... this is the end?" asked the USN Admiral to himself softly as he stared at the flaming deck of his ship. Admist the flames, he could see a pair of "eyes". A pair of eyes belonging to a Black Angel of Death staring back at him.

noir4.jpg

A gigantic Buster Sword then sliced his whole world apart.

gnw-002-gnbustersword.jpg

(Did I say Buster Sword?)

~~~​

"The two Rafales being reported have been causing some troubles lately, right?"

"Yes, Captain."

"Then I shall be getting ready for my next mission..." said the captain, his face hidden by the shadows. He could see the insignia of his regiment painted vividly on the Raptor before him.

SASBADGE.gif

...​

Choice II: AAR set in American Civil War (move to Vicky)

civilwarsoldiers.jpg

AAR set in American Civil War, about a special Legionnaire task force sent to the CSA?

~~~​

"Hah...hah...hah..."

Dressed in his new but now muddy greyish uniform, he was now running for his life.

"There he is! Don't let him escape!" cried a Union soldier some distance away from him. More Yanks appeared holding their carbines and fired at him.

"Hah...hah...hah..."

He was again running for his life. Many bullets whizzed by him and hit the trees around him and sending wood splinters everywhere.

"Hah...heh...hah...heh...hah"

He was almost out of breath, but the will to live on forced his legs to keep running, until an unseen ditch caused him to fell over.

"End of our cat and mouse game, ehh?" asked a smirking Union soldier. "Now let's..." began the soldier before his head was blasted of by a powerful rifle bullet coming from nowhere.

~~~​

Surrounded by his dead comrades, the now lone union soldier now faced the mysterious man alone.

The man raised his pistol at him and pulled the trigger, but no rounds came out.

"No more bullets... ehhh?" smirked the Yank as he wiped his bloody noise.

The man adjusted his pistol in a split moment, and then fired a buckshot from his Lemat Revolver at the union soldier and blasted him away.

Lemat.jpg

(The Lemat!!)​

"What is your name?" asked the mysterious man as he helped the fallen Confederate up.

"My name is... Sam... Samuel Clemens... and you are?"

"I am... Capitaine Jean Danjou."

Camerone-Danjou.jpg

(The first "Legendary" Legionnaire I'd say ;))

~~~​

"Are you really here to assist us on behalf of the French Government?"

"Yes, most certainly. The independence of the Confederate States of America is to the interest of the French Empire."

"... Is this really necessary? Major Mer... "

"Yes, General Lee... it is absolutely necessary for the assasination of President Lincoln to take place," the Major answered with his eyes flaring up in the dark.

Wesker2.jpg

(Well, the sunglasses are certainly over the top, but you get the idea of what I'm trying to present.)

...​

Ok, so on above are the two choices. The two AAR will both be narrative AARs, and they will be relative short so not to disrupt my work for the main "series" too long. To answer some questions, in the MDS one I will actually not be giving too much about the power distribution of the world so as to not spoil to much for the main series, while for the Civil War one I shall be moving to Vicky part of the forum.

Last edited:
The second one, no doubt.

The second one, no doubt.

Well, well, I was actually expecting people to vote for the first one. Anyways the count is still 2 to 1 now. :p Waiting for more to vote.

i'd have to go for the second one too. i was surprised that i chose that :)

How can I resist reading to another Civil War AAR (even though you would be coming into Vicky and outclassing my AAR in the first few days :p )

By far the second, and who knows, historically the French and British didn't support the south militarily and France had some problems in Mexico, but this would certainly be something to see.

(On a side note, I can't remember without looking it up, but I believe the Lamat Pistol was invented by a Confederate who had French heritage if I could remember?)

i'd have to go for the second one too. i was surprised that i chose that :)

another vote for choice 2. ;)

Oh noes, you entering Timelines? :p
What if French Legionaries had fought for South and changed the tide of the war? :cool:

Sounds awesome!

another vote for choice 2. ;)
Nah, not timelines. If you look at the screenshots I posted before the US is still in one piece.

How can I resist reading to another Civil War AAR (even though you would be coming into Vicky and outclassing my AAR in the first few days :p )

By far the second, and who knows, historically the French and British didn't support the south militarily and France had some problems in Mexico, but this would certainly be something to see.

(On a side note, I can't remember without looking it up, but I believe the Lamat Pistol was invented by a Confederate who had French heritage if I could remember?)

another vote for choice 2. ;) Your vote counts double as a prize for you winning the Character WoW.
It's still hard to comment on an AAR that still doesn't really exist. Well we'll se how it goes. :)

BTW, perhaps it is a bit unfair for the first choice since I only revealed a small portion of its plot. Perhaps I'll reveal a bit more of it sometime later.