• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(21250)

Recruit
Oct 28, 2003
Visit site
I just bought Victoria and I like it very much, although it seems I'm unable to save my progress, a problem which will really impede my enjoying the game.

It happens when it autosaves and when I do it manually. The screen freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it. when the gamescreen minimizes a window pops up that says "cannot find .eug file" and gives me an option to abort, retry, or ignore. All three choices result in the game crashing.

specs:
Intel PIII 500 MHz
320 MB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition

EU2 and HOI run fine on my PC and I can't remember anything like this happening with them.

Did you install to the default directory on C Drive?
Which publisher version of the game do you have?
Have you installed 1.01?

Originally posted by Victorio
I just bought Victoria and I like it very much, although it seems I'm unable to save my progress, a problem which will really impede my enjoying the game.

It happens when it autosaves and when I do it manually. The screen freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it. when the gamescreen minimizes a window pops up that says "cannot find .eug file" and gives me an option to abort, retry, or ignore. All three choices result in the game crashing.

specs:
Intel PIII 500 MHz
320 MB RAM
Windows XP Home Edition

EU2 and HOI run fine on my PC and I can't remember anything like this happening with them.

Are you a "limited user" on XP. If so I think it won't let you save the game other than on your "my documents" area?

Did you install the NA patch or the Euro patch, Where did you DL the patch from?

I suggest a full uninstall first.

Not so wierd when you consider that SF uses a different installer.