• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Barbassa

Recruit
12 Badges
Mar 29, 2014
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
Like several people have posted before, Im refering to the common problem of the game freezing during gameplay at around year 1520 or so. The cursor would still move, but everything was frozen, timer unpaused but not running. game needing to be closed by task manager.
I would attempt to advance the game by loading a save and then saving every few days until the freeze happened again. Very frustrating !

Then the next day it struck me. As i was loading the game, when clicking on the saved games tab, i noticed it was rather slow (due to the amount of save games stored, more than 100).

So i decided to delete a bunch of saved games (the savegames is easy to find, its a folder inside the game folder," C:/Programfiles(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sengoku/Save games/ "
i deleted half at least, and was left with about 40-50.

I started the game again and to my surprise the freeze problem was gone! (played substantially after this and no freezes)

I believe what was causing it was the Autosave attempting to save to a very loaded up savegame folder and causing the game to crash (freeze).

Also the reason why freezes have been reported to happen at around year 1520 or so is because by then people will have saved a lot of games (conquer a province, save, get a nice event with +5 honor, save, etc)

SO! If your game is freezing Delete Savegames until ur left with under 50 or so and then try the game!

IF this solves your problem please post an answer so more people can know about this and not just give up on this great game!

Good luck! :)

P.S.- too many savegames might not be a problem for people who have faster HD's and whatnot. So just because u have 1000 savegames and the game works fine it doesnt mean its the same case for others. i just hope this helps!

This fixed nothing.

Here are two games with it occurring, and not occuring, in save-games taken 2 minutes apart from each other:

I found a save game 14 minutes earlier which does not produce the freeze.

http://www.filedropper.com/autosave25050701

The next save game i have is from

Here it is already happening. These 2 saves were created 2 minutes apart from each other.

http://www.filedropper.com/25051026