• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With HOI III 1.4 patch how to get puppet free state? I wish to play with India,,Israel,Egypt,Irak,Iran like free state it will be more exciting

You can't. Well, actually you can make an event to release a non-existent nation as an independent state, but there is no built-in game mechanic for that. (This won't give you a starting oob of course, but you will get one division per IC provinces.)

Well, there are ways to turn a puppet into a free state, but, that requires some modification. Iraq already starts as a British puppet (pre-existing puppets are the easiest free). Iran is already a free state, Iran is "Persia".

You can play as India, Isreal, Egypt without modding, but they will be British puppets.
Start a game as Britian, release as a puppet whatever country you want to play as, then save the game and exit to desktop(resigning then reloading a save game seems to still corrupt saves).
Start hoi3, load that save and choose the country you released as a puppet(they will get 1 inf. div. for every IC they have and they also get all the tech Britian had).
Save the game as that country. Actually, make two saves just in case, because now that they are a puppet, you can make them into a free state by editing the savegame.
For that though, you'll need the assistance of someone with experience. Just ask around the forums, hopefully there will be somebody that will be kind enough to help you out.

Thanks to SIAN and CHERVOIS,I'll try to edit a save game with notepad, I'll try to see around the forum how to do it.

It's SLAN :)

I just wanted to say: "Free Hat!" ;)

You might want to make that request in the Mod sub-forum. I'd expect better odds of attracting an experienced modder there, many of whom have given up on the vanilla game and may not even check the HOI3 general discussion forum.

Reactions:
Not to mention Holy bloody necromancing, Newguy....

With HOI III 1.4 patch how to get puppet free state? I wish to play with India,,Israel,Egypt,Irak,Iran like free state it will be more exciting
Start the game as England
create the puppet
press ~ (it's above the TAB key) to open console
type: surrender IND IND
type: tag IND
boom you're now independent india

• 3Like
Reactions: