• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually, once the AUS gets the eastern seaboard, it's game over. Even with France, there was the problem that before half of the gametime passed, there were no enemies of any danger left already. I definitely recommend a smaller country for a more fun and longer duration game.

Lots of KR love... I'm inclined to agree with Battle bunny though. It seems that while the civil war would be an exciting, AAR, once it's over with, there really isn't much left to stand in your way with the full might of the USA behind you. At that point, it's pretty much your choice of who to steamroll next. With that in mind, I think I can nudge AUS toward the bottom of the list, if not off it entirely.

I'm curious as to why HoI3 wouldn't be worthwhile -- it seems like it opens a lot of opportunities, even if it might not be as readily moddable. At least as a minor nation, it seems like it could be very enjoyable to get to know the new system while playing around with some of its options. Hungarian infantry marching along license-built German panzers? Sounds tasty...

In the KR arena, even if KR AARs have been done and redone and overdone, it's still tempting just because there's SO much character and narrative in the world. Romania and Austria are still big frontrunners in my mind - either creating a giant Imperial Austria, or going the Danubian Federation route. And playing as tiiiny little Romania and trying to establish an Orthodox powerhouse could be fun, too.

I should look at some of DH's other mods, as well -- perhaps one of the mods, or even the WWI scenario, could provide an interesting setting.. God, I've got AAR ADD...

KR Austria on the DH. It supports the mod, right?

KR Austria might be too easy. With lucky turn of ausgleich events you can easily find yourself in a situation similar to AUS.

With Hoi3 Hungary, well, i don't know if you have any chance at Allies or Comintern. At Axis it would be too easy Germany doing all the job for you. Best choice could be staying neutral but joining the war against USSR; at a point, not too late, not too early, confront Germany, too. Join the Allies, and finish both WW2 and WW3!

Well... As far as the routes I'd take in the AARs, I would definitely save and re-load the Austria AAR if everything went my way in the Ausgleich. Ideally, I"d like to see a civil war against most or all of the constituent kingdoms, to challenge myself to try to overcome them in a bitter civil war for control of the full Austrian lands.

As Hungary, it would basically be a self-challenge to see how much I can rip from Germany's grasp, and how much I can grow Hungary's power while keeping Hitler as an ally. Trying to snag pieces of Poland, to take down Yugoslavia and Romania, partition Czechoslovakia... Just a big Hungarian escapade to gain as much as we cna before Stalin smashes us up :p

I'd love to see how long Austria would last against every other part of the Dualist empire, but that's just me. Rig it against you if needed.

It depends on how well prepared you are. :p I tried it in one game. Everything went fine until I had whitled Hungary down to three provinces and annexed everyone else, but no matter what I did I couldn't crack that three province pocket, and kinda lost interest in that particular game.

Yeah, it can be tough -- especially if ALL of them declare war on you... And Italy has a very high chance of invading once you're at war, too. But it'd be a heck of a challenge, and a good chance to test out my DH buildtime mods. If I lose, I'll just pick up as whatever country wins the war.