Four important languages are missing: Portuguese / Brazil, Polish, Korean and Italian.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

xmas

Second Lieutenant
132 Badges
Feb 24, 2003
Visit site
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
(Specifically, what I write below is in favor of Italian, but also applies to Portuguese / Brazil, Polish and Korean.)

I'm a old superfan paradox games (over 40).
I have ALL TITLES COMPLETE of Paradox (less Planetfall that I see stupid background and Prison Architect that I feel dystopian) since HOI 1 (2002) ...
... but I won't buy the game BLOODLINE 2 until there is an Italian translation (of the Paradox or not)

I can play with a strategic game (HOI4, CK2, EU4, Rome etc) in English ... no problem
I can play with a simulation game or builder game ... in English ... no problem

... but play with RPG in English ... it's impossible for who speak bad ( ... more ... I hate the English language ... but it's my problem)

You have sold PILLARS OF ETERNITY in Italian ... excellent (very good series)
You don't have translated Tyranny in Italian ... and I bought it reading that there was a translation project in Italian ... but that so far has not materialized

... I will not make the same mistake again, FIRST I wait for a translation in Italian (of paradox or amateur), THEN I will buy the game if will buy the game (NO TRANSLATE, NO DEAL ... sorry)

What gives me the right to write this post ? ... If paradox had one million customers like me, who have spent what i spent (paid) in the past 18 years, paradox would be above the Apple as stock exchange capitalization.

... if BLOODLINE2 is just 60% as good as it was BLOODLINE (Troika Games) you should seriously think of translating it into the 4 missing languages, or you would lose a lot of money ... there are many people who think like me (to say ... will not buy it on principle).

P.S. One thing I have always wondered ... how is it possible that a country as Italy with 60 million inhabitants (and 7 others in the world) does not have a sufficient catchment area to repay an official translation of a game ... are you sure that you do not have customers in Italy ... WHY DO YOU NOT SELL GAMES IN ITALIAN ?
(... assuming that your sales studies or possible ones are correct)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Being from country where we usualy have to wait another 3-5 years for some custom subtitles, that are usualy only for one gender, and often sounds worst than google translator ... this demands makes me sad. :-/

It was mentioned in one clan video ... Ventrue i believe, that allowing pre-purchase so soon, had one unexpected effect, and that was a lot of pre-purchases from some country, they didnt expect to have such strong fanbase, so they was adding another language ...
It seem quite logical to me that for studio is irellevant how many inhabitants state have, but how many of them will buy product. And you (meaning country, not guy) have all tools you need to show that this will be profitable. :-/

//edit: Yup, it was Ventrue, its in 33:45

Last edited:
Reactions:
FIRST I wait for a translation in Italian (of paradox or amateur), THEN I will buy the game if will buy the game (NO TRANSLATE, NO DEAL ... sorry)

Do just that, by not buying the game you are voting in favor of an Italian translations. But by not buying the game executives will read that Italy is not a good place to sell games and therefor not worry about a translation :(

you should seriously think of translating it into the 4 missing languages, or you would lose a lot of money ... there are many people who think like me (to say ... will not buy it on principle).

The problem may be that there is a lot more people that will buy the game Italian translation or not. If people really want to play a game language is irrelevant. I have played lots of games in English. And while Spanish may have lots more speakers than Italian that doesn't matter, what matters is the number of wallets not of speakers. Sad but true :(

In any cas if it's as you said:
I hate the English language

Then why not play the game in other of the languages available? Spanish would be one of the idioms at release and believe me there isn't that much difference between the two :)

Also i don't know if this will help you or not but there has been at least two other threads language-related:

One for Polish:

And one for Italian:

I also think there was another one thread but i don't remember about what language or its title. Maybe you can find it. There was a huge discussion about languages and market in it, but i can't find it :(

Hope you can enjoy the game one way or another :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
From what I understand, good translations are neither cheap nor easy. Regardless of what fans want, the game's budget is not unlimited and they have to pick and chose which languages they think will sell best. Remember, VtmB2 is not a AAA game title. It's inevtiable that some languages just won't make the cut .

I don't think I've ever seen a game translated into my language, not even as subtitles (though a lot of people here understand english pretty well), and honestly I wouldn't use the feature even if it existed. There have been books and shows and such I've wanted that aren't in any language I understand so I can see it being disappointing - especially for something you're looking forward to.

There might be an unnoficial translation into your language, or Paradox might end up adding it to the game at a later game.

Reactions:
I dont understand you people ...
They specificly told us that preorders show that, this game is desired on some places they didnt expect at first, and was working at localisation ...

Show them love, and they will show it back. ;)