• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mezryn

Corporal
25 Badges
Jul 6, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities in Motion
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
Is there a list of forum thread icons and what they mean? Ie, envelopes, greyed envelopes, etc.

...If not, would this be sticky worthy or something to be added to FAQ?

To clarify, I'm referring to the icons to the left of a thread title in a forum. I'm assuming Paradox uses the statuses for bug tracking, and hence would like to know where my bug sits.

i am not sure what they are supposed to have to do with bugs since games usually have a seperate bug forum but the icons are explained at the buttom of each page. just scroll down.

To clarify, I'm referring to the icons to the left of a thread title in a forum. I'm assuming Paradox uses the statuses for bug tracking, and hence would like to know where my bug sits.
Icons have no correlation with status.

Basically an icon comes in two colors.
Grey - you have read everything behind the link or have marked it read
Yellow - there are unread posts behind the corresponding link (either new posts or new threads)

Thriple closed envelopes is the icon denoting a forum
A single closed envelope is a thread
An open envelope with the paradox platypus behind it - is a thread in which a paradox staff or developer has posted (the greyed out version has no envelope but a circle) (note that not all developers will show up this way)
A envelope with a square behind it is a thread in which you have posted
The oo symbol denotes a link to a thread (or subforum) on another part of the forum

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "Post Icons" you can select when you start a thread - thumbs down, frowny face, exclamation mark etc - not the vBulletin icons for tracking thread status.
On what basis do you assume this? Those are chosen by the thread originator, not Paradox. They are purely for decoration, they have no meaning or effect on anything.

Icons have no correlation with status.

Basically an icon comes in two colors.
Grey - you have read everything behind the link or have marked it read
Yellow - there are unread posts behind the corresponding link (either new posts or new threads)

Thriple closed envelopes is the icon denoting a forum
A single closed envelope is a thread
An open envelope with the paradox platypus behind it - is a thread in which a paradox staff or developer has posted (the greyed out version has no envelope but a circle) (note that not all developers will show up this way)
A envelope with a square behind it is a thread in which you have posted
The oo symbol denotes a link to a thread (or subforum) on another part of the forum

This is what I was interested in, thank you!