• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, despite the foot dragging of First Brigade, the attack went forward to success.
(Something about the First having to pack up all their camping gear before joining in the battle, I heard.)

So now we have a light battalion strength group available for operations.
Where does the Division Commander want them committed?

Take the odds as they are and continue to press on in F sector with additional units reinforcing the Advance?

(Something about the First having to pack up all their camping gear before joining in the battle, I heard.)
It's a legitimate strategy! :angry:

Take the odds as they are and continue to press on in F sector with additional units reinforcing the Advance?

Hmm, I'd put one company into B and F each. Assuming that the aliens start to redeploy this turn we should have one more attack in F before the reinforcements pile in.

Edit: added for the granny battalion

this-is-sparta_o_2748977.jpg

Last edited:
Well, Photobucket has a new version and it is a buggy mess. We will continue as soon as I can access my albums again. :)

Saturday, 2nd August 2014
01:30 PM​

Ground Situation:

Alpha - No hostilities

Bravo - An enemy assault could not be stopped and gained significant territory.

Charlie - An enemy assault was pushed back with light casualties.

Delta - The defending units suffered only minor casualties while holding the frontline against an enemy attack.

Echo - A large enemy attack with Air Support could gain further ground in the sector, securing the Airport.

Foxtrot - An attack of the USMC eventually could make a breakthrough in the western part of the sector and advance toward the edge of the International Airport.

1st Division suffered 100 casualties, thereof 29 dead, and received 46 replacements. The enemy had probably slightly higher casualties.

Air Support:

The enemy Airforce had the upper hand recently, but the Superiority rating remains 0.

Support Troops:

All Support Troops are ready for duty.

(Had some problems with Photobucket but now things are running smoothly again. So, deadline is Tuesday 4 PM Forum Time)

If we push further against the International airport we create a thorn which forces them to try and push us back or risk at any moment an attack which will take back the airport.

Protective Gear

If we push further against the International airport we create a thorn which forces them to try and push us back or risk at any moment an attack which will take back the airport.

Good enough for me.

I will send the entire Division ground reserve to F sector to continue the attack there.

I hope that the Division commander will convince the other regiments to create additional reserves for future use.
While I am carrying the load for the other commanders, they might want to add to the the offensive, instead of hunkering down in their bunkers.

Just sayin.

Saturday, 2nd August 2014
02:00 PM

Ground Situation:

Alpha - No hostilities.

Bravo - An enemy assault gained some ground in the southern part of the sector.

Charlie - Another assault of the enemy forces could gain territory versus the defending units of the 1st Regiment.

Delta - The defending forces could not hold the line and had to retreat.

Echo - The enemy attack, aimed at controlling more territory around Hawthorne Airport, could be stopped with high casualties on both sides.

Foxtrot - Both sides tried to gain ground, but due to Tank and Air support the USMC could continue its recent advance and has now reached the International Airport along the whole sector frontline.

1st Division suffered 91 casualties, thereof 26 dead, and received 62 replacements. The enemy had probably higher casualties.

Air Situation:

The USAF had the upper hand in the recent air combats, but the Superiority rating remains 0.

Support Troops:

Tank and 1st Recon Battalion are reporting for duty. All other support troops will be available at 02:30 PM.

(Deadline is Thursday 4 PM Forum Time)

The thin line

The good news is the Division Commander has been outguessing the aliens.
It is fun pushing the invader back. :p

The bad news?
I have a single company holding A sector, the remainder of my regiment is either attacking in Sector F, or dug in trying to hold sector E.

Once I commit the one company I have in reserve, I have nothing else to draw on.
Third Regiment is forming reserves, but I suspect that so too are the Aliens.
If First Regiment doesn't get off it's bunker mentality, and start moving its soldiers around, it may be a tough day for all of us.

But enough about our challenges, let's look at the good news.

Where does the Division commander want the reserves?

I can put a company into A but I wonder why the aliens didn't attack there during the last turn. At least the casualty numbers are going in the right direction again with more of their soldiers dying.

I can put a company into A but I wonder why the aliens didn't attack there during the last turn. At least the casualty numbers are going in the right direction again with more of their soldiers dying.

Why bother with sector A?
It leads nowhere, and actually needs to retreat to keep from being enveloped.

Speaking of which, there should be a Retreat option to preclude the GM from doing just that.