Forming Arabia as Najd, do I keep Najd Ideas or get Arabian Ideas

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cathal341

Gaelic History Enthusiast
94 Badges
Jun 11, 2015
twitter.com
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Island Bound
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Victoria 2
Quick Question: Going for Jihad at the Moment as Najd and I was thinking that maybe along the way I could form Arabia and get Arabian Coffee. From what I can tell all that Jihad requires is that your starting tag is Najd and that you remain Sunni while conquering the 500 provinces you need + converting them. On the wiki it says that Arabia will keep the National Ideas of the country that forms it, does this include Najd (Since most of the other Countries that can form it start with Arabian Ideas). Obviously if I need to I could wait til I complete Jihad then form Arabia and go for Arabian Coffee. Just wanna make sure so I don't ruin my Jihad attempt (which is the main focus of this run).

keep your old ideas, if mamluks form it, they keep theirs too

Reactions:
Thanks for the info, don't wanna ruin a good run due to something as stupid as forming a nation.

I thought that Najdi Jihad had to be one-tag?
Unless you planned to go Jihad, and THEN get Arabian coffee?

I could be totally wrong.

I thought that Najdi Jihad had to be one-tag?
The check for being tag NAJ is only present in the possible clause - the one that is checked at startup to see which achis your game might be eligible for. The happened check doesn't check whether you are still NAJ.

The check for being tag NAJ is only present in the possible clause - the one that is checked at startup to see which achis your game might be eligible for. The happened check doesn't check whether you are still NAJ.
Huh, alright. I thought Arumba said you had to stay as Najd, unless it was just his personal rule.
Maybe I should use the Wiki more often...

i would be glad if this was confirmed or denied. I *think* you can form arabia and still get jihad. I vaguely remember a screenshot of someone who got it as arabia. Could be wrong.

Might depend on each achievement and its coding.

I doubt that the -netherlands 'sinaasappel' achievement would trigger fpr a player who formed italy out of utrecht, after forming netherlands (they aren't cultural union nation right?) But heck it might work.

You only have to start as Najd.

Code:
achievement_jihad = {                                                              
        id = 50                                                                    

possible = {                                                               
                NOT = { num_of_custom_nations = 1 }                                
                normal_or_historical_nations = yes                                 
                normal_province_values = yes                                       
                ironman = yes                                                      
                start_date = 1444.11.11                                            
                tag = NAJ                                                          
                religion = sunni                                                   
        }                                                                          

happened = {                                                               
                religion = sunni                                                   
                num_of_cities = 500                                                
                num_of_owned_provinces_with = {                                    
                        value = 500                                                
                        religion = sunni                                           
                }                                                                  
        }                                                                          
}

Reactions: