• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can try typing "debug" or "help" into the console (hit alt+21 on the numpad) to get a list of available commands. Generally there's one like "fog off" or "fow off".

Thanks for your answer

It is possible "fow off" but doesn't work. I had just tried this. "Debug" is a unknown command and the help isn't possible

I think that is possible any command in the setting file but I don't know it

Hello. I've given this game a go. Man is it terrible from interface to basic mechanics and script design. Awful start to the Clausewitz series. It shows how a world economic recession will affect the computer game industry in the future.
With Gnu/Linux archive manager and emacs I was able to extract the plaintext console code strings. Specifically, the RomeGame.exe v2.36c .rdata console.cpp.
fullscreen, marriages, goods, morehumans, poprevolt, courtrevolt, govrevolt, loyalty, imprison, horde, kill, fow, cash, pirate, tag, event, testcountry, and testchar. There are some others dealing with lua scripting and graphics in game state. Alot of software tech advance but, major de-evolution of gameplay since Europa I think.
'fow' is the one you're looking for. It seems to be a toggle. Most of these will require an id or argument of some form.

edit: See what you mean in your last message. Apparently, somewhere in development they disabled on/off and substituted prov_id. So, 'fow 93' will cut fow in Roma for 1 day. Honestly I think this was done to hide how ludicrous the computer opponent executes it's war plans.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to be any traditional fow functionality. In EU3 they have a ti (terra incognito) command that removes fog but, it is still only for 1 tick. Makes absolutely no sense to disable fow on/off functionality since it is needed for playtesting. Smarter guys then me have extracted these strings but, I have to assume there is a hidden console debug setting which enables actual fow and other listed commands in the retail versions noone has discovered yet.