• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gregorovitch

Captain
51 Badges
Jul 25, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities in Motion
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
Playing Poland/Commonwealth I've had a lot of this to deal with. It seems to me that sometimes when you flip a culture it turns the existing culture into an accepted culture (which is cool 'cos all the other provinces of that culture become accepted too), and sometimes it just flips the single province to your culture. I'm pretty sure that in my first attempt at Poland when I flipped Danzig it changed Prussian to accepted culture (so all the other Teutonic Order provinces became accepted) but this time it turned Danzig Polish.

Anyone explain to me what determines this?

By flipping, do you mean converting your country to that culture, or the province to yours? If the first, obviously, as your previous country culture is presumably still fairly important, and if the second, I've never seen that happen.

You mean when you spend diplo points to change provinces to your own culture? That's totally unrelated to accepted cultures. Cultures become accepted when 20% of the base tax of your cored provinces come from provinces with that culture.

Did you get the notification that you were now accepting Prussian culture the month after you pushed the button to convert the culture of Danzig? I suspect you cored it, which gave you enough Prussian base tax to make it accepted, then got the notification after you started the cultural conversion process.

I suspect you cored it, which gave you enough Prussian base tax to make it accepted, then got the notification after you started the cultural conversion process.

This must be it.

You mean when you spend diplo points to change provinces to your own culture? That's totally unrelated to accepted cultures. Cultures become accepted when 20% of the base tax of your cored provinces come from provinces with that culture.

Did you get the notification that you were now accepting Prussian culture the month after you pushed the button to convert the culture of Danzig? I suspect you cored it, which gave you enough Prussian base tax to make it accepted, then got the notification after you started the cultural conversion process.

Thank you, that explains the situation perfectly. I did not know about this 20% rule for some reason. Obviously it can make a big difference to your expansion plans in some situations.